Old October 5th 03, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do?

I was recently filmed on video by a camera while driving on a bus
lane. I was sent a ticket two days ago, demanding a fine of £50 which
will be increased to £100 if I don't pay within 14 days.
As it happens, I sold the car I used in this incident a few weeks
back. I was told that if you no are no longer the owner of a car that
tickets were issued to you don't have to pay them since auhorities
will eventually give up bothering you. Does the same thing apply to
driving in bus lanes?
Does anyone know? Please let me know soon. I have got to 9 October to
pay before the amount doubles.
Thanks in advance

Old October 5th 03, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Do you have a bill of sale prior to the offense?
Old October 5th 03, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Volker Finke" wrote in message
om...
I was recently filmed on video by a camera while driving on a bus
lane. I was sent a ticket two days ago, demanding a fine of £50 which
will be increased to £100 if I don't pay within 14 days.

Pay up and don't do it again.

(Hangin's too good for 'em.)

--
Brian
"Style advisor to the seasonally-challenged"

Old October 5th 03, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Volker Finke wrote in message
om...
I was recently filmed on video by a camera while driving on a bus
lane. I was sent a ticket two days ago, demanding a fine of £50 which
will be increased to £100 if I don't pay within 14 days.
As it happens, I sold the car I used in this incident a few weeks
back.

"I was told that if you no are no longer the owner of a car that
tickets were issued to you don't have to pay them since auhorities
will eventually give up bothering you."

Does not stand up in court if you refuse to pay the fine "because you are no
longer the owner". My gf transferred her new car a few weeks ago and she had
to sign a document confirming at date and time she was no longer the
registered driver for that vehicle. This was for both parties interest just
in case the vehicle was involved in a criminal activity (i.e. driven
dangerous, driven along bus lanes, speeding or if was involved in an
accident).

What do you think is best?

daveF

PS. Why were you in a bus lane in the first place? Did you not think about
been fined?

Old October 5th 03, 11:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Volker Finke" wrote in message
om...
I was recently filmed on video by a camera while driving on a bus
lane. I was sent a ticket two days ago, demanding a fine of £50 which
will be increased to £100 if I don't pay within 14 days.
As it happens, I sold the car I used in this incident a few weeks
back. I was told that if you no are no longer the owner of a car that
tickets were issued to you don't have to pay them since auhorities
will eventually give up bothering you. Does the same thing apply to
driving in bus lanes?
Does anyone know? Please let me know soon. I have got to 9 October to
pay before the amount doubles.
Thanks in advance

Accept you were wrong, got caught and are now being given the opportunity to
save some money for prompt payment. Shell out!!

Old October 5th 03, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message news

Accept you were wrong, got caught and are now being given the opportunity to
save some money for prompt payment. Shell out!!

Well, my idea was more to accept that I was wrong and NOT pay up. And
that exactly I was seeking advice for, not some moral preaching. But
thank you anyway.

Volker