Old May 21st 09, 11:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ealing Common

At the bend in Boddington Gardens is the entrance to a building site. I
asked the security guards what they were building, and they said (slightly
unconvincingly) that they weren't building anything, it was something to do
with the railway. So what's happening?

Old May 21st 09, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote on 21 May
2009 12:27:10 ...
At the bend in Boddington Gardens is the entrance to a building site. I
asked the security guards what they were building, and they said (slightly
unconvincingly) that they weren't building anything, it was something to do
with the railway. So what's happening?

Earlier this month, I noticed some works on the embankment just outside
Acton Town station (on the left going towards Northfields, possibly
embankment stabilisation. Perhaps there is an access route to the work
site down one side of the sports ground in Boddington Gardens (it's not
part of Ealing Common, John, as your thread title suggests).

Incidentally, that's evidently not a public highway at all. The CPZ and
yellow line markings stop at the entrance to the road, with no zone exit
signs, so it's been treated the same as the entrance to someone's house,
... except that the yellow lines don't run across the entrance. Hmm.
It would be interesting if somone parked in Carbery Avenue across the
entrance to Boddington Gardens. Knowing Ealing, I'm sure they'd issue a
PCN, but on what grounds?

--
Richard J.
Old May 21st 09, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 21, 5:19*pm, "Richard J." wrote:

John Rowland wrote on 21 May
2009 12:27:10 ...

[...]

For idiot parking?

Being serious, it appears that it's a private road - therefore the
entrance of it doesn't have to be treated as if it is a driveway
because it's not.

A quick search hasn't turned up anything about the status of the road,
but there is this document on the LB Ealing website which justifies
the name of the road and also the names of the buildings:
http://tinyurl.com/r8zhsm

I presume we'd say this is a part of Acton. I'm not too keen on the
fact that it looks as though this development has been carved out of
the playing fields.
Old May 22nd 09, 02:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:

it's not part of Ealing Common, John, as your thread title
suggests).

My thread title suggests nothing of the sort. In this newsgroup, "Ealing
Common" is the name of a station and a depot more than a green space. Had I
posted a message about Boddington Gardens under the title "Ealing Common" in
uk.rec.gardening.open-spaces, your comment would be reasonable. I didn't, so
it isn't.

My previous message wasn't suggesting that a station was being built in the
middle of a harbour, either.

Old May 22nd 09, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote on 22 May
2009 03:19:13 ...
Richard J. wrote:
it's not part of Ealing Common, John, as your thread title
suggests).

My thread title suggests nothing of the sort. In this newsgroup, "Ealing
Common" is the name of a station and a depot more than a green space.

The location is much nearer to Acton Town station than Ealing Common
station, and a long way by any accessible route from Ealing Common
depot, so I was struggling to find a reason for the thread title.

--
Richard J.

Old May 25th 09, 09:56 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rowland View Post
At the bend in Boddington Gardens is the entrance to a building site. I
asked the security guards what they were building, and they said (slightly
unconvincingly) that they weren't building anything, it was something to do
with the railway. So what's happening?

Hi, Does anyone know what is happening to the disused Asto Football pitch that sits at the end of Boddington Gardens?

Julie