Old June 19th 09, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Default First two "Cycle Superhighway" routes announced

Doug wrote:
On 15 June, 12:18, Keitht KeithT wrote:

Perpetuating the myth is very handy as it allow people to go 'See, told
you so'. If it wasn't a myth, how come so many people posing on the ng
are not dead and risen from the grave?
How come we are still alive after all these years?
How have we managed to happily cycle around without the constant
contest/conflict we are told we are undergoing?

It ceases to be a myth when you are hit by a car and deemed to be
culpable for your own injury because you were not wearing a helmet or
reflective vest, etc, etc.

Ah right, I'm supposed to go out on my bike in a constant state of
terror, waiting for that moment which will come, eventually, of me
having a crash or someone crashing in to me.
Sorry to not be part of that odd bunch who cycle and insist on feeling
like a victim while they are doing it, no doubt thier knuckles white on
the handlebars and unable to avoid incidents as they are scared rigid.

I ride my bike to ride my bike and I am part of the traffic, whether two
or four legged.

--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.

Old June 23rd 09, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On 19 June, 11:01, Adrian wrote:
Doug gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

Perpetuating the myth is very handy as it allow people to go *'See,
told you so'. If it wasn't a myth, how come so many people posing on
the ng are not dead and risen from the grave? How come we are still
alive after all these years? How have we managed to happily cycle
around without the constant contest/conflict we are told we are
undergoing?

It ceases to be a myth when you are hit by a car and deemed to be
culpable for your own injury because you were not wearing a helmet or
reflective vest, etc, etc.

sigh No. You hit a car because you believe that your "right of way"
gives you some exemption from having to compensate for ****ups other
people make.

The car drove into the side of my bike and bent the crank. I did not
'hit' the car.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
Old June 23rd 09, 05:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Doug wrote:

Adrian wrote:
Doug :

Perpetuating the myth is very handy as it allow people to go 'See,
told you so'. If it wasn't a myth, how come so many people posing on
the ng are not dead and risen from the grave? How come we are still
alive after all these years? How have we managed to happily cycle
around without the constant contest/conflict we are told we are
undergoing?

It ceases to be a myth when you are hit by a car and deemed to be
culpable for your own injury because you were not wearing a helmet or
reflective vest, etc, etc.

sigh No. You hit a car because you believe that your "right of way"
gives you some exemption from having to compensate for ****ups other
people make.

The car drove into the side of my bike and bent the crank.

What happened to the bike?
Old June 23rd 09, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:12:16 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

Doug wrote:

Adrian wrote:
Doug :

Perpetuating the myth is very handy as it allow people to go 'See,
told you so'. If it wasn't a myth, how come so many people posing on
the ng are not dead and risen from the grave? How come we are still
alive after all these years? How have we managed to happily cycle
around without the constant contest/conflict we are told we are
undergoing?

It ceases to be a myth when you are hit by a car and deemed to be
culpable for your own injury because you were not wearing a helmet or
reflective vest, etc, etc.

sigh No. You hit a car because you believe that your "right of way"
gives you some exemption from having to compensate for ****ups other
people make.

The car drove into the side of my bike and bent the crank.

What happened to the bike?

splutter Nice one!
Old June 24th 09, 07:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On Jun 23, 6:12 pm, JNugent wrote:
Doug wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Doug :
Perpetuating the myth is very handy as it allow people to go 'See,
told you so'. If it wasn't a myth, how come so many people posing on
the ng are not dead and risen from the grave? How come we are still
alive after all these years? How have we managed to happily cycle
around without the constant contest/conflict we are told we are
undergoing?
It ceases to be a myth when you are hit by a car and deemed to be
culpable for your own injury because you were not wearing a helmet or
reflective vest, etc, etc.
sigh No. You hit a car because you believe that your "right of way"
gives you some exemption from having to compensate for ****ups other
people make.

The car drove into the side of my bike and bent the crank.

What happened to the bike?

It wrapped itself lovingly around the car?

Old June 24th 09, 10:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

"Doug" wrote in message

The car drove into the side of my bike and bent the crank. I did not
'hit' the car.

Why didn't you stop in time to avoid the collision?

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

--
MrBitsy
Rover 75 CDTi

Old June 24th 09, 02:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

MrBitsy wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

The car drove into the side of my bike and bent the crank. I did not
'hit' the car.

Why didn't you stop in time to avoid the collision?

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

You mean, he should have applied the same standards to himself that he
expects of others?

--

Tony Dragon