Old June 10th 09, 07:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default More strikes to follow?

I find this two days only strike a bit strange. Why only strike for two
days? Has the RMT threatened to strike more if they dont't reach an
agreement? If so, when?

--
jhk

Old June 10th 09, 08:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:46:32 on
Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Jarle H Knudsen remarked:
I find this two days only strike a bit strange. Why only strike for two
days? Has the RMT threatened to strike more if they dont't reach an
agreement? If so, when?

They hope the effects are sufficiently bad that they'll get their way in
the next round of negotiations. Because their actions directly affect
the public, they don't need to strike for weeks on end outside a factory
gate that the public didn't previously realise even existed.
Old June 10th 09, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.thefa.com/England/MensSen.../Fixtures.aspx

Old June 11th 09, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:19:16 +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:

No word on any extra strikes but it seems all is not well.

Will my vacation be safe? I'm in town from Friday to Thursday.

--
jhk
Old June 11th 09, 09:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 11, 9:28*am, Jarle H Knudsen wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:19:16 +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:
No word on any extra strikes but it seems all is not well.

Will my vacation be safe? I'm in town from Friday to Thursday.

Which Friday to which Thursday though?

If it's tomorrow (12th) to Thursday 18th then I think you should be
fine. The unions normally provides a bit of notice as to when the next
strike is planned.

Old June 12th 09, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:46:32 +0200, Jarle H Knudsen
wrote:

I find this two days only strike a bit strange. Why only strike for two
days? Has the RMT threatened to strike more if they dont't reach an
agreement? If so, when?

Bring it on. I've had a seat on the train going into Paddington for
the last three days, and the only significant delay to my journey
across London was helping some poor lost soul to read the map :-)

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
Old June 12th 09, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jarle H Knudsen wrote:
Will my vacation be safe? I'm in town from Friday to Thursday.

It's worth noting that there seems to be better service on the
Jubilee line during a strike than on the weekend.

#Paul