Old October 19th 03, 07:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Concorde! on BBC2 now

Does anyone else remember everyone in the school playground pointing up and
shouting "Concorde" whenever it went over? Do kids still do that?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old October 19th 03, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
Does anyone else remember everyone in the school playground pointing
up and shouting "Concorde" whenever it went over? Do kids still do
that?

I still do.... at age 42 :-))) My kids always seem so much more blase
about it

Old October 19th 03, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Stimpy" wrote:

John Rowland wrote:
Does anyone else remember everyone in the school playground pointing
up and shouting "Concorde" whenever it went over? Do kids still do
that?

I still do.... at age 42 :-))) My kids always seem so much more blase
about it

So do I...

When I flew out of Heathrow last month I stayed in a hotel overnight;
went for a walk along the A4 (scenic!) whilst observing takeoffs from
the northern runway... at one stage the noise was so loud I was
thinking "what's going on?", turned, and waited for the place to climb
above the line of trees and/or buildings and lo! it was Concorde!

--
James Farrar |
London, SE13 |

Old October 19th 03, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

So when is the final flight from or to London? And where do I stand?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old October 19th 03, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Stimpy wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:
Does anyone else remember everyone in the school playground pointing
up and shouting "Concorde" whenever it went over? Do kids still do
that?

I still do.... at age 42 :-))) My kids always seem so much more blase
about it

I can always remember people gathering at Heathrow airport back in the 80s
to watch the 6pm Concorde flight land.

After seeing Concorde land we used to then drive around the back of the
hanger "Wow look 3 Concorde's!" lol

daveF

Old October 19th 03, 08:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Once upon a time -- around about 10/19/03 16:07 --
possibly wrote:

So when is the final flight from or to London? And where do I stand?

Final arrival is 24 Oct forever. Three Concordes will arrive 90 seconds
apart, taxi to the maintenance bay for a special retirement ceremony. See
concordesst.com

-- E

--
"Not all men are fools. Some are bachelors." -- Anon

Old October 19th 03, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

dave F wrote:

I think it would be fantastic if they could store a Concorde in T5,
seems a bit odd but hey! Heathrow is the home for Concorde :-)

Nooooo... Filton is the home of Concorde. They were born there and those
that don't survive will, no doubt, go there to die

Old October 20th 03, 06:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Stimpy wrote:
dave F wrote:

I think it would be fantastic if they could store a Concorde in T5,
seems a bit odd but hey! Heathrow is the home for Concorde :-)

Nooooo... Filton is the home of Concorde. They were born there and those
that don't survive will, no doubt, go there to die

And...the only chance of keeping at least 1 Concorde flying for special
occasions will be if they do retire one at Filton where they've got the
people and facilities there to service her.

Does anyone know if BA have officially announced the retirement plans yet?