London Banter

-   -   First passenger service journey for LUL 09 stock (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/8727-first-passenger-service-journey-lul.html)

Paul Corfield July 22nd 09 03:00 PM

First passenger service journey for LUL 09 stock

An internal (LU) notice has stated that the first passenger service
journey of the new Victoria Line 09 stock took place last night just
before midnight from Seven Sisters down to Brixton. More passenger
service trips will build up over the coming months using trains 01 and
02.

I thought people might be interested to know.

--
Paul Corfield
via Google

Stephen Furley July 22nd 09 08:08 PM

First passenger service journey for LUL 09 stock

On 22/7/09 16:00, in article
, "Paul
Corfield" wrote:

An internal (LU) notice has stated that the first passenger service
journey of the new Victoria Line 09 stock took place last night just
before midnight from Seven Sisters down to Brixton. More passenger
service trips will build up over the coming months using trains 01 and
02.

I thought people might be interested to know.

--
Paul Corfield
via Google

The Victoria Line stock was the first new stock that I remember being
introduced. It seemed incredibly modern at the time compared to the CO and
R stocks which I was used to on the Circle and District when going to the
Science Museum, the first journey up into central London which I made on my
own, and the 38 stock which I occasionally used on the Bakerloo or Northern;
these were the only Underground lines which I'd used at that time. It's odd
to think that it's reached the end of its life, and due to be replaced.

Basil Jet July 22nd 09 08:20 PM

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acro...9/victrain.jpg

Recliner[_2_] July 22nd 09 08:21 PM

First passenger service journey for LUL 09 stock

"Stephen Furley" wrote in message

On 22/7/09 16:00, in article
,
"Paul Corfield" wrote:

[...]

I was wondering if this is the first time that automatic trains have
been replaced by (and will co-exist for a while with) all-new automatic
trains, using a different control system? It's certainly the first time
on LU, but has it happened anywhere else already?

1506 July 22nd 09 08:54 PM

First passenger service journey for LUL 09 stock

On Jul 22, 1:08*pm, Stephen Furley wrote:
On 22/7/09 16:00, in article
, "Paul

Corfield" wrote:
[...]

That is my memory of the London Subway also. In the Early 1960s the
tubes were, by and large served by 1938, and earlier stock. The sub-
surface lines were CO and R stock served. The Victoria Line trains
and the A stock on the Met. seemed SO modern.

D7666 July 22nd 09 08:56 PM

On Jul 22, 9:21*pm, "Recliner" wrote:

I was wondering if this is the first time that automatic trains have
been replaced by (and will co-exist for a while with) all-new automatic
trains, using a different control system? *It's certainly the first time
on LU, but has it happened anywhere else already?

Original DLR trains replaced by newer DLR trains (someone will be
along in a minute to write the stock types) ... and the original DLR
ATO replaced by a new ATO.

--
Nick

MIG July 22nd 09 09:27 PM

"Paul Corfield" wrote:

[...]

Dint it happen between Hainault and Woodford? Maybe not the
coexistence.

John B July 23rd 09 08:48 AM

On Jul 22, 4:00*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
An internal (LU) notice has stated that the first passenger service
journey of the new Victoria Line 09 stock took place last night just
before midnight from Seven Sisters down to Brixton. More passenger
service trips will build up over the coming months using trains 01 and
02.

I thought people might be interested to know.

So the 09s entered passenger service before the 378s? Didn't see that
one coming...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Recliner[_2_] July 23rd 09 09:54 AM

Corfield" wrote:
[...]

Surely there were large numbers of 1959 and 1962 stock trains in service
by then? Admittedly, their design was pretty similar to the 1938s, so
they may not have seen much newer.

Recliner[_2_] July 23rd 09 09:56 AM

"D7666" wrote in message

On Jul 22, 9:21 pm, "Recliner" wrote:

I was wondering if this is the first time that automatic trains have
been replaced by (and will co-exist for a while with) all-new
automatic trains, using a different control system? It's certainly
the first time on LU, but has it happened anywhere else already?

Original DLR trains replaced by newer DLR trains (someone will be
along in a minute to write the stock types) ... and the original DLR
ATO replaced by a new ATO.

Is the new DLR ATO completely different to the original?