London Banter

-   -   Finchley to Watford, errrrr... (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/875-finchley-watford-errrrr.html)

Draxen October 20th 03 01:32 PM

Finchley to Watford, errrrr...

Sod's law innit, been out of work nearly two years, land a job but it's in
Watford.
I'm travelling from Finchley Central to Watford Junction, now the Northern
Line's shagged I don't know what I'm gonna do, it's my first day tomorrow :}

How much extra time do you think for the replacement bus service to get to
Euston ? An extra hour ?
I'm stuck with public transport basically, are there any alternative routes
I've missed ?

Thanks folks.

Ben Nunn October 20th 03 01:53 PM

Finchley to Watford, errrrr...

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Draxen
), in message
who said:
Sod's law innit, been out of work nearly two years, land a job but
it's in Watford.
I'm travelling from Finchley Central to Watford Junction, now the
Northern Line's shagged I don't know what I'm gonna do, it's my first
day tomorrow :}

How much extra time do you think for the replacement bus service to
get to Euston ? An extra hour ?
I'm stuck with public transport basically, are there any alternative
routes I've missed ?

Thanks folks.

Don't bother going anywhere near Euston.

Get the bus to Finchley Road, NLL to Willesden Junc, then Silverlink.

BTN

Draxen October 20th 03 02:22 PM

Finchley to Watford, errrrr...

who said:

Don't bother going anywhere near Euston.

Get the bus to Finchley Road, NLL to Willesden Junc, then Silverlink.

Okay, cheers Ben, thanks for that :)

Dr. Sunil October 20th 03 02:41 PM

Finchley to Watford, errrrr...

Draxen wrote:

Sod's law innit, been out of work nearly two years, land a job but it's in
Watford.
I'm travelling from Finchley Central to Watford Junction, now the Northern
Line's shagged I don't know what I'm gonna do, it's my first day tomorrow :}

How much extra time do you think for the replacement bus service to get to
Euston ? An extra hour ?
I'm stuck with public transport basically, are there any alternative routes
I've missed ?

Thanks folks.

Bus 326 to Brent Cross then 142?

Helen Deborah Vecht October 20th 03 02:45 PM

Finchley to Watford, errrrr...

Cheap but time-consuming alternative: bus (143?) to Brent Cross then 142
to Watford Junction or 221 from North Finchley to Edgware, the 142 to
Watford.

Get an all-zones Weekly Bus Pass and a good book.

This will take AGES...

or you could take an 82 bus to Finchley Road and the Metropolitan Line
to Watford (not Junction)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

boristhe.spider October 20th 03 03:03 PM

Finchley to Watford, errrrr...

"Huge" wrote in message
Helen Deborah Vecht writes:
Cheap but time-consuming alternative: bus (143?) to Brent Cross then 142
to Watford Junction or 221 from North Finchley to Edgware, the 142 to
Watford.

Get an all-zones Weekly Bus Pass and a good book.

This will take AGES...

or you could take an 82 bus to Finchley Road and the Metropolitan Line
to Watford (not Junction)

Buy a car.

Nah Buy a scooter, nice big engine and some life insurance.

Helen Deborah Vecht October 20th 03 03:21 PM

Finchley to Watford, errrrr...

(Huge)typed

Helen Deborah Vecht writes:
Cheap but time-consuming alternative: bus (143?) to Brent Cross then 142
to Watford Junction or 221 from North Finchley to Edgware, the 142 to
Watford.

Get an all-zones Weekly Bus Pass and a good book.

This will take AGES...

or you could take an 82 bus to Finchley Road and the Metropolitan Line
to Watford (not Junction)

Buy a car.

Yeah right.

Chap's been jobless for two years and he needs to get there tomorrow morning.

Yeah right.

--
Helen D. Vecht:

Edgware.

Robin May October 20th 03 05:48 PM

Finchley to Watford, errrrr...

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote the following
in:

(Huge)typed

Buy a car.

Yeah right.

Chap's been jobless for two years and he needs to get there
tomorrow morning.

Yeah right.

Facts like this don't seem to matter to the person called "Huge" (?),
whose answer to everything is "car".

--
message by Robin May, consumer of liquids
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.

Helen Deborah Vecht October 20th 03 06:01 PM

Finchley to Watford, errrrr...

Robin May typed

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote the following
in:

(Huge)typed

Buy a car.

Yeah right.

Chap's been jobless for two years and he needs to get there
tomorrow morning.

Yeah right.

Facts like this don't seem to matter to the person called "Huge" (?),
whose answer to everything is "car".

Hugh knows me fairly well. I see his response as the joke it is. Hope
the OP gets the joke, poor chap. Hope he gets to work OK too...

--
Helen D. Vecht:

Edgware.

James Farrar October 20th 03 06:13 PM

Finchley to Watford, errrrr...

Robin May wrote:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote the following
in:

(Huge)typed

Buy a car.

Yeah right.

Chap's been jobless for two years and he needs to get there
tomorrow morning.

Yeah right.

Facts like this don't seem to matter to the person called "Huge" (?),
whose answer to everything is "car".

In that case, should I ask him what the worst way of travelling
through Central London is? :-)

--
James Farrar |

London, SE13 |