Old October 20th 03, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Finchley to Watford, errrrr...

Sod's law innit, been out of work nearly two years, land a job but it's in
Watford.
I'm travelling from Finchley Central to Watford Junction, now the Northern
Line's shagged I don't know what I'm gonna do, it's my first day tomorrow :}

How much extra time do you think for the replacement bus service to get to
Euston ? An extra hour ?
I'm stuck with public transport basically, are there any alternative routes
I've missed ?

Thanks folks.

Old October 20th 03, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Draxen
), in message
who said:
Sod's law innit, been out of work nearly two years, land a job but
it's in Watford.
I'm travelling from Finchley Central to Watford Junction, now the
Northern Line's shagged I don't know what I'm gonna do, it's my first
day tomorrow :}

How much extra time do you think for the replacement bus service to
get to Euston ? An extra hour ?
I'm stuck with public transport basically, are there any alternative
routes I've missed ?

Thanks folks.

Don't bother going anywhere near Euston.

Get the bus to Finchley Road, NLL to Willesden Junc, then Silverlink.

BTN

Old October 20th 03, 02:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

who said:

Don't bother going anywhere near Euston.

Get the bus to Finchley Road, NLL to Willesden Junc, then Silverlink.

Okay, cheers Ben, thanks for that

Old October 20th 03, 02:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Draxen wrote:

Sod's law innit, been out of work nearly two years, land a job but it's in
Watford.
I'm travelling from Finchley Central to Watford Junction, now the Northern
Line's shagged I don't know what I'm gonna do, it's my first day tomorrow :}

How much extra time do you think for the replacement bus service to get to
Euston ? An extra hour ?
I'm stuck with public transport basically, are there any alternative routes
I've missed ?

Thanks folks.

Bus 326 to Brent Cross then 142?

Old October 20th 03, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Cheap but time-consuming alternative: bus (143?) to Brent Cross then 142
to Watford Junction or 221 from North Finchley to Edgware, the 142 to
Watford.

Get an all-zones Weekly Bus Pass and a good book.

This will take AGES...

or you could take an 82 bus to Finchley Road and the Metropolitan Line
to Watford (not Junction)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old October 20th 03, 03:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Huge" wrote in message
Helen Deborah Vecht writes:
Cheap but time-consuming alternative: bus (143?) to Brent Cross then 142
to Watford Junction or 221 from North Finchley to Edgware, the 142 to
Watford.

Get an all-zones Weekly Bus Pass and a good book.

This will take AGES...

or you could take an 82 bus to Finchley Road and the Metropolitan Line
to Watford (not Junction)

Buy a car.

Nah Buy a scooter, nice big engine and some life insurance.

Old October 20th 03, 06:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote the following
in:

(Huge)typed

Buy a car.

Yeah right.

Chap's been jobless for two years and he needs to get there
tomorrow morning.

Yeah right.

Facts like this don't seem to matter to the person called "Huge" (?),
whose answer to everything is "car".

In that case, should I ask him what the worst way of travelling
through Central London is? :-)

--
James Farrar |

London, SE13 |