London Banter

-   -   Tube passing expensive houses (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/880-tube-passing-expensive-houses.html)

Andrew Oldham October 21st 03 10:00 PM

Tube passing expensive houses

"Hatty Ling" wrote in message
om...
I was thinking of people could come up with examples of where the
underground is in close proximity to very expensive houses? One I can
think of is when the Northern Line comes overground just before East
Finchley, you can see the start of 'Millionaires Row' from the bridge.

Within a minute's walk from East Finchley, you find yourself amidst £3m+
properties on that particular road. I'm sure the Northern Line between
Belsize Park and Golders Green passes under very expensive houses in
Hampstead.

Jonathan Osborne October 22nd 03 04:30 PM

"Hatty Ling" wrote in message
om...
I was thinking of people could come up with examples of where the
underground is in close proximity to very expensive houses? One I can
think of is when the Northern Line comes overground just before East
Finchley, you can see the start of 'Millionaires Row' from the bridge.

Any other examples?

Yeah, the houses between Heathrow station and Cockfosters are pretty
expensive, as are the houses between Amersham and Beckton. :)

J.O.

Colin Rosenstiel October 27th 03 12:46 AM

Tube passing expensive houses

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , Hatty
Ling
I was thinking of people could come up with examples of where the
underground is in close proximity to very expensive houses? One I can
think of is when the Northern Line comes overground just before East
Finchley, you can see the start of 'Millionaires Row' from the bridge.

Any other examples?

I'd have thought that the District Line in the region of Wimbledon, and
Kew/Richmond, would be passing a number of very expensive (if not
excessively luxurious) houses.

Up to a point. The more expensive bit of Wimbledon Park is up the hill.

--
Colin Rosenstiel