London Banter

-   -   Class 378 in service (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/8810-class-378-service.html)

Andy August 16th 09 11:45 AM

Class 378 in service

On Aug 16, 11:27*am, "Recliner" wrote:
"Andy" wrote in message

On Aug 14, 6:35 pm, "Tony Day" wrote:
Just seen this tghread, hoping it would tell me where to see 378s in
service on my London trip next week. Seems to have drifted....

There are currently two 378 diagrams and rumour that a third will
start on Monday. The diagrams mostly cover Richmond - Stratford, none
on the Euston - Watford route yet.

I saw four of them parked at Willesden yesterday, but don't know if
they're all available for service.

Some are and some are not would be the answer. Units 005,007,013,015
and 016 have (I think) run in service, whilst units 008 and 017 have
recently arrived for commisioning. There will be a maximum of 5 units
for commisioning at any one time.

Phil Titchener March 16th 10 10:38 AM

Class 378 in service

The doors can be operated by the driver in the cab as normal.

It is not necessary to a conductor.

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/142319467.aspx