London Banter

-   -   TfL cycle hire (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/9104-tfl-cycle-hire.html)

Bruce[_2_] August 19th 09 06:11 PM

TfL cycle hire

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:01:38 +0100, "Basil Jet"
wrote:

I drive a lot at night... Drunken pedestrians are not a problem because they
are slow moving and localised around pubs and clubs. Drunken cyclists will
be flying out of every side road, and swerving onto the wrong side of the
road to avoid drunken pedestrians and yobs trying to steal the bikes.

That's an accurate description of the behaviour (at any time of the
day or night) of cyclists who are perfectly sober ... ;-)

Mizter T August 21st 09 10:39 AM

TfL cycle hire

wrote:

I drive a lot at night... Drunken pedestrians are not a problem because they
are slow moving and localised around pubs and clubs. Drunken cyclists will
be flying out of every side road, and swerving onto the wrong side of the
road to avoid drunken pedestrians and yobs trying to steal the bikes.

That's an accurate description of the behaviour (at any time of the
day or night) of cyclists who are perfectly sober ... ;-)

Is the drunken pedestrian an accurate description of you at any time
of the day or night?

Jeremy Parker August 21st 09 02:04 PM

TfL cycle hire

wrote:

I drive a lot at night... Drunken pedestrians are not a problem
because they
are slow moving and localised around pubs and clubs. Drunken
cyclists will
be flying out of every side road, and swerving onto the wrong side
of the
road to avoid drunken pedestrians and yobs trying to steal the
bikes.

That's an accurate description of the behaviour (at any time of the
day or night) of cyclists who are perfectly sober ... ;-)

Well, the Dublin bike rental scheme starts in three weeks time. If
the Irish live up to their reputation, and are reinforced by all
those stag parties brought over by Ryanair from London, any flaws
should be thoroughly evident by the time London's scheme starts next
year.

Jeremy Parker