London Banter

-   -   TfL cycle hire (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/9104-tfl-cycle-hire.html)

Basil Jet August 18th 09 12:57 PM

TfL cycle hire

From Summer 2010
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/11666.aspx

It doesn't say whether the cycles will still be available during the
****head shift... switching off availability at 10.30pm could prevent a lot
of problems.

Walter Briscoe August 18th 09 03:19 PM

TfL cycle hire

In message of Tue, 18 Aug 2009
13:57:29 in uk.transport.london, Basil Jet
emon.co.uk writes

From Summer 2010
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/11666.aspx

It doesn't say whether the cycles will still be available during the
****head shift... switching off availability at 10.30pm could prevent a lot
of problems.

"The Cycle Hire scheme will: ... Be available 24 hours a day, 365 days a
year"
--
Walter Briscoe

Mizter T August 18th 09 04:33 PM

TfL cycle hire

On 18 Aug, 16:19, Walter Briscoe wrote:

In message of Tue, 18 Aug 2009
13:57:29 in uk.transport.london, Basil Jet
emon.co.uk writes

From Summer 2010
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/11666.aspx

It doesn't say whether the cycles will still be available during the
****head shift... switching off availability at 10.30pm could prevent a lot
of problems.

"The Cycle Hire scheme will: ... Be available 24 hours a day, 365 days a
year"

I hadn't realy thought of John's, ahem, sorry, Basil's potential issue
- it's an interesting comment, for sure. However all I would say is
that we're not all ****ed at 10:30pm... for some of us, our morning
injection of rocket fuel has worn off by then.

Lucas August 19th 09 10:37 AM

TfL cycle hire

They will have your credit card details so if you 'lose' or damage it
you won't get away with it anyway.

Mizter T August 19th 09 10:40 AM

TfL cycle hire

On Aug 19, 11:37*am, Lucas wrote:
They will have your credit card details so if you 'lose' or damage it
you won't get away with it anyway.

I suspect the OP's worry is more about people in a worse-the-wear
state using a bike to get between two bike docking stations (i.e.
properly returning it afterwards).

tim..... August 19th 09 12:09 PM

TfL cycle hire

"Mizter T" wrote in message

On Aug 19, 11:37 am, Lucas wrote:
They will have your credit card details so if you 'lose' or damage it
you won't get away with it anyway.

I suspect the OP's worry is more about people in a worse-the-wear
state using a bike to get between two bike docking stations (i.e.
properly returning it afterwards).

How is that worrying?

tim

Basil Jet August 19th 09 12:56 PM

TfL cycle hire

tim..... wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in message

I suspect the OP's worry is more about people in a worse-the-wear
state using a bike to get between two bike docking stations (i.e.
properly returning it afterwards).

How is that worrying?

Because they will be a menace to traffic, pedestrians and themselves.

tim..... August 19th 09 01:05 PM

TfL cycle hire

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in message

I suspect the OP's worry is more about people in a worse-the-wear
state using a bike to get between two bike docking stations (i.e.
properly returning it afterwards).

How is that worrying?

Because they will be a menace to traffic, pedestrians and themselves.

as they would be walking between the two points

tim

Basil Jet August 19th 09 02:01 PM

TfL cycle hire

tim..... wrote:
"Basil Jet" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in message

I suspect the OP's worry is more about people in a worse-the-wear
state using a bike to get between two bike docking stations (i.e.
properly returning it afterwards).

How is that worrying?

Because they will be a menace to traffic, pedestrians and themselves.

as they would be walking between the two points

I drive a lot at night... Drunken pedestrians are not a problem because they
are slow moving and localised around pubs and clubs. Drunken cyclists will
be flying out of every side road, and swerving onto the wrong side of the
road to avoid drunken pedestrians and yobs trying to steal the bikes.
Anyway, we shall see.

Mizter T August 19th 09 02:34 PM

TfL cycle hire

On Aug 19, 3:01*pm, "Basil Jet"
wrote:

[snip]

I drive a lot at night... Drunken pedestrians are not a problem because they
are slow moving and localised around pubs and clubs. Drunken cyclists will
be flying out of every side road, and swerving onto the wrong side of the
road to avoid drunken pedestrians and yobs trying to steal the bikes.
Anyway, we shall see.

The bike stealing issue is an interesting one in and of itself.