Old August 23rd 09, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Group meet

In article ,
(Ian Jelf) wrote:

In message , Paul
Corfield writes
As Mr Jelf dropped a heavy hint on uk.railway and everyone ignored Mr
Dolbear's suggestion of a cheap day getaway it's probably about time
for another group meeting.

Date to be decided but if those on long lead times / difficult work
rosters can give a hint as to availability then we a date can be firmed
up. Let's suggest mid - late September as a possibility and I propose
the same venue as the last one - the Doric Arch public house at Euston
which is a Fullers pub and we bagged a table or two with little problem
last time.

I'm not proposing to "herd cats" in order to make this happen just to
try to firm up the date and the venue. An outline "show of hands" as
to possible attendees would also be helpful so we have a hint as to
likely numbers.

Well, as the other person mentioned here, let me come in with a
date.......although it's a long lead in!

The next time I could reasonably fit in such a London evening would
be on the evening of Tuesday 20 October. Is that any good / far
enough ahead for people?

[Top-posting undone]

That date looks good for me too. The original suggestion and also the
first week of October I'm likely to be away from London for one reason or
another. Also, by then my mother should be back from her travels so I
could stay the night in London more easily.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old August 23rd 09, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 22:30:09 on Sun,
23 Aug 2009, Ian Jelf remarked:
if my suggestion of 20 October doesn't turn out to be good for many
people, then I for one would look forward from that time, rather than
back.

Friday 13th Nov would work for me. (I'm flying somewhere longhaul from
London on the 14th, so my circumstances are unlikely to change).
Old August 25th 09, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

20 October works fine for me too.

I'm happy with the HOS/Doric Arch too.

Ditto.

Old August 25th 09, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 25, 11:34*am, "Basil Jet"
wrote:
Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

20 October works fine for me too.