Old September 3rd 09, 11:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New Tube map?

I've seen a few posters at Tube stations advertising a new Tube map, but
the stations I've visited have still got the March 2009 map, as has the
TfL website. Has anyone seen the new map yet? What is so different
about it that makes it worth advertising?
--
Richard J.

Old September 3rd 09, 11:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
I've seen a few posters at Tube stations advertising a new Tube map,
but the stations I've visited have still got the March 2009 map, as
has the TfL website. Has anyone seen the new map yet? What is so
different about it that makes it worth advertising?

Potentially, to remove the ELL replacement buses? The original closure
caused a new map to be issued IIRC.

Paul S

Old September 3rd 09, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sep 4, 12:06*am, "Richard J." wrote:
I've seen a few posters at Tube stations advertising a new Tube map, but
the stations I've visited have still got the March 2009 map, as has the
TfL website. *Has anyone seen the new map yet? *What is so different
about it that makes it worth advertising?

A new advertising partner perhaps, to replace IKEA?!

Good question. I can't recall new Tube maps being promoted as such on
posters.

Old September 4th 09, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sep 4, 12:46*am, Mizter T wrote:

Good question. I can't recall new Tube maps being promoted as such on
posters.

I think they possibly have in the past - possibly to draw attention to
the new cover art, rather than any changes to the map.

Old September 4th 09, 02:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The aim of issuing a new tube map for September 2009 is to cover several
bases - so I am told! These include stripping out unnecessary clutter,
updating details, applying new rules regarding step free access, etc. I
have not seen the map yet but it might include Imperial Wharf which is due
to open (hopefully) on 27 September, possibly sowing some or all of the East
London Line, possibly showing the Stratford International Line. TfL are
being very tight lipped about the whole thing - as per usual! In view of
the Imperial Wharf opening it may well be that the map will not be released
until later this month, but then again with TfL involved - who knows!

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/142319692.aspx
Old September 4th 09, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sep 4, 2:18*pm, teflon wrote:

On Sep 4, 12:46*am, Mizter T wrote:

Good question. I can't recall new Tube maps being promoted as such on
posters.

I think they possibly have in the past - possibly to draw attention to
the new cover art, rather than any changes to the map.

Now that I stop to properly think about it I think you're right.
Old September 5th 09, 07:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
On Sep 4, 2:18 pm, teflon wrote:

On Sep 4, 12:46 am, Mizter T wrote:

Good question. I can't recall new Tube maps being promoted as such on
posters.

I think they possibly have in the past - possibly to draw attention to
the new cover art, rather than any changes to the map.

Now that I stop to properly think about it I think you're right.

Or is it perhaps the converse? i.e. they use the new art as something to
attract people, in order to ensure we all use the latest version of the map.