Old September 23rd 09, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Old euston entrance

I walked past the old entrance building to euston underground recently and
surprisingly it hadn't been turned into a shop but was shuttered up and
had lots of machinery noises coming from inside it. Whats it used for now,
ventilation? Are the passageways inside still connected to the station or
are they blocked off?

B2003

Old September 23rd 09, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 23 Sep, 12:56, wrote:
I walked past the old entrance building to euston underground recently and
surprisingly it hadn't been turned into a shop but was shuttered up and
had lots of machinery noises coming from inside it. Whats it used for now,
ventilation? Are the passageways inside still connected to the station or
are they blocked off?

B2003

Which one, you mean the Hampstead Tube one at the corner of Drummond
Street? I think the CSL one has been obliterated, but would have been
somewhere near where the bus station meets Eversholt Street.
Old September 23rd 09, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 06:20:28 -0700 (PDT)
MIG wrote:
On 23 Sep, 12:56, wrote:
I walked past the old entrance building to euston underground recently and
surprisingly it hadn't been turned into a shop but was shuttered up and
had lots of machinery noises coming from inside it. Whats it used for now,
ventilation? Are the passageways inside still connected to the station or
are they blocked off?

B2003

Which one, you mean the Hampstead Tube one at the corner of Drummond
Street? I think the CSL one has been obliterated, but would have been
somewhere near where the bus station meets Eversholt Street.

Melton street according to google maps - goes along the west side of the
main line station. Building id on a corner. Perhaps I'm wrong but it
definately had that old tube station look about it.

B2003

Old September 23rd 09, 02:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG wrote:
On 23 Sep, 12:56, wrote:
[...]

My old map (1908) shows a station at the south west corner of the junction
of Drummond and Melton Street, and another (the CSL) on the SE corner of
Drummond Street (now Doric Way) and Seymour Street (now Eversholt Street).

MaxB

Old September 23rd 09, 02:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Yes, it's on the corner of Drummond & Melton streets.

http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/Euston_station.html
http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/...station_2.html
http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/...station_3.html

(#2 has a couple of interior photos, which support the ventilation
theory)

Decent map at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/IanVisits/2392123343/

Old September 23rd 09, 03:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 07:42:29 -0700 (PDT)
David wrote:
Yes, it's on the corner of Drummond & Melton streets.

http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/Euston_station.html
http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/...station_2.html
http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/...station_3.html

Very interesting. Something isn't quite right with the supposed location of
one of the blocked off passageways he mentioned but photos can be
deceptive.

Those old posters on the walls would be worth a mint to the right collector.
I'm surprised LU doesn't rescue them before they completely fall to pieces
and auction them off for charity or something.

B2003