London Banter

-   -   Stratford Jubilee gateline defunct (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/9577-stratford-jubilee-gateline-defunct.html)

Walter Briscoe October 1st 09 02:05 PM

Stratford Jubilee gateline defunct

Last week, in Stratford's Jubilee line ticket hall, I noticed the gates
were open. I thought nothing of it as I could see no CSA.

Yesterday, the gates were open and there was a CSA. The yellow tops had
been replaced with red tops saying something like "not in service". I
spoke to the CSA, who confirmed this gateline is redundant.
Even better - the lift towards the Central line was operational.

I do not know if Liverpool Street-North Greenwich is charged via Zone 3.
--
Walter Briscoe

Paul Scott October 1st 09 06:24 PM

"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message
Last week, in Stratford's Jubilee line ticket hall, I noticed the gates
were open. I thought nothing of it as I could see no CSA.

Yesterday, the gates were open and there was a CSA. The yellow tops had
been replaced with red tops saying something like "not in service". I
spoke to the CSA, who confirmed this gateline is redundant.

They have been out of use for about 3 weeks, but although mentioned at the
time it was in another more general Oyster related topic.

I do not know if Liverpool Street-North Greenwich is charged via Zone 3.

It will tell you in the online single fares finder, which shows it is a zone
1 - 2 fare, ie £2.20 peak, £1.60 offpeak.

In the case of some journeys it also shows cheaper alternatives using the
routing validators, not applicable in this case unsurprisingly.

Paul S