Old October 1st 09, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stratford Jubilee gateline defunct

Last week, in Stratford's Jubilee line ticket hall, I noticed the gates
were open. I thought nothing of it as I could see no CSA.

Yesterday, the gates were open and there was a CSA. The yellow tops had
been replaced with red tops saying something like "not in service". I
spoke to the CSA, who confirmed this gateline is redundant.
Even better - the lift towards the Central line was operational.

I do not know if Liverpool Street-North Greenwich is charged via Zone 3.
--
Walter Briscoe

Old October 1st 09, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message
Last week, in Stratford's Jubilee line ticket hall, I noticed the gates
were open. I thought nothing of it as I could see no CSA.

Yesterday, the gates were open and there was a CSA. The yellow tops had
been replaced with red tops saying something like "not in service". I
spoke to the CSA, who confirmed this gateline is redundant.

They have been out of use for about 3 weeks, but although mentioned at the
time it was in another more general Oyster related topic.

I do not know if Liverpool Street-North Greenwich is charged via Zone 3.

It will tell you in the online single fares finder, which shows it is a zone
1 - 2 fare, ie £2.20 peak, £1.60 offpeak.

In the case of some journeys it also shows cheaper alternatives using the
routing validators, not applicable in this case unsurprisingly.

Paul S

Jubilee Line gateline at Stratford is gone! TheOneKEA London Transport 28 April 14th 10 05:36 PM
UTS Gateline codes Q London Transport 0 November 12th 09 10:10 PM
Wandsworth Town station gateline Lucas London Transport 20 August 18th 09 03:50 PM
Waterloo gateline Matthew Dickinson London Transport 85 January 7th 09 10:28 AM
City Thameslink gateline Sky Rider London Transport 20 January 31st 07 05:40 PM