Old November 8th 03, 08:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow T4 to close

Henry Nebrensky wrote:
"John Rowland"
wrote in message

work? Admittedly there would be performance implications
from only having
one platform at T123 for some months, but it has to be
preferable to closing
T4 station.

Can trains turns back at Hatton Cross?

Yes, it was the termination point before Heathrow Central (now T12&3)
opened.

Old November 8th 03, 08:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Richard J.
writes

No. As has been pointed out in this thread at least twice already, the
services will actually be
..- Hatton Cross - T123 - T5 and in reverse, and
..- Hatton Cross - T4 - T123 - HX as at present.

And we've been told that roughly 1/3 trains T4123 and 2/3 123T5

The station at T5 will have 3 platforms and cripple sidings.
Old November 8th 03, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes
..- Hatton Cross - T123 - T5 and in reverse, and
..- Hatton Cross - T4 - T123 - HX as at present.

And we've been told that roughly 1/3 trains T4123 and 2/3 123T5

Getting from T5 to T4 seems like the difficult part.
Old November 8th 03, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes
..- Hatton Cross - T123 - T5 and in reverse, and
..- Hatton Cross - T4 - T123 - HX as at present.

And we've been told that roughly 1/3 trains T4123 and 2/3 123T5

Getting from T5 to T4 seems like the difficult part.

But there may not be much demand for that journey, depending on the future
use of T4. According to reports this week*, British Airways will use T5
for all of their flights, and T4 will be occupied by the Skyteam alliance,
which consists of Air France, KLM, Delta and Northwest Airlines.

* http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/tra...p?story=461304
--
Richard J.

Old November 9th 03, 08:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Roland Perry
writes
In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes
..- Hatton Cross - T123 - T5 and in reverse, and
..- Hatton Cross - T4 - T123 - HX as at present.

And we've been told that roughly 1/3 trains T4123 and 2/3 123T5

Getting from T5 to T4 seems like the difficult part.

We wont be doing it - either T4 or T5 not both.

My error, BTW, should have read T4123 above (as today)

Old November 9th 03, 10:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJC CJC is offline

Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote in message ...
In message , Roland Perry
writes
In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes
..- Hatton Cross - T123 - T5 and in reverse, and
..- Hatton Cross - T4 - T123 - HX as at present.

And we've been told that roughly 1/3 trains T4123 and 2/3 123T5

Getting from T5 to T4 seems like the difficult part.

We wont be doing it - either T4 or T5 not both.

My error, BTW, should have read T4123 above (as today)

I just think having two different services will confuse stupid
tourists!

What are LU thinking of with HX? No lifts there are there? I would
have thought telling people to change to the Heathrow Express at T123
would be better.
Old November 11th 03, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 09:30:08 +0000 (UTC), "Cast_Iron"
wrote:

Can trains turns back at Hatton Cross?

Yes, it was the termination point before Heathrow Central (now T12&3)
opened.

I thought Hatton Cross was only built when HC was built?

Old November 11th 03, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Can trains turns back at Hatton Cross?

Yes, it was the termination point before Heathrow Central (now T12&3)
opened.

I thought Hatton Cross was only built when HC was built?

The extension from Hounslow West to Hatton Cross was opened on 19 Jul 1975,
more than two years before the further extension to Heathrow Central opened
on 16 Dec 1977.
--
Richard J.

Old November 11th 03, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:33:15 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

The extension from Hounslow West to Hatton Cross was opened on 19 Jul 1975,
more than two years before the further extension to Heathrow Central opened
on 16 Dec 1977.

Ah, didn't realize that, sorry.