London Banter

-   -   Minding the Gap (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/977-minding-gap.html)

Jim Brittin November 6th 03 08:41 AM

Minding the Gap

I've noticed "Mind The Gap Between The Train And The Platform" is now
included on the Central Line on-train announcements and I think it's a
different voice. Have yet to discover whether this new 'Sonia' announces
trains terminating at North Acton in the same peculiar manner as her
predecessor.

Kat November 6th 03 10:26 PM

Minding the Gap

In message , Jim Brittin
writes
I've noticed "Mind The Gap Between The Train And The Platform" is now
included on the Central Line on-train announcements and I think it's a
different voice. Have yet to discover whether this new 'Sonia' announces
trains terminating at North Acton in the same peculiar manner as her
predecessor.

I think Ms Hammersmith & City is now pronouncing Plaistow with a long
"a" instead of a short "a"
--
Kat

Pre-38 November 7th 03 08:28 AM

Minding the Gap

Yes regarding the Central Line, another of the 'new announcements girl' now
says, "This Is A Central Line Train to then destination" instead of, "This
Train Terminates At then Destination" amoungst some other small changes.
I think it must be this woman they call, Emma Clark, as there's a feature on
her on the tube website he
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/tubemag/nexts...1&sideMenu=men
u1option1

regards,
Pre38
See you at Live London Transport Chat at
http://www.centaur.plus.com or
irc://undernet/uklondontransport

Jim Brittin November 7th 03 08:30 AM

Minding the Gap

In article ,
says...
I've noticed "Mind The Gap Between The Train And The Platform" is now
included on the Central Line on-train announcements and I think it's a
different voice. Have yet to discover whether this new 'Sonia' announces
trains terminating at North Acton in the same peculiar manner as her
predecessor.

Yesterday however my Central Line journey had the 'old' Sonia, Network
SouthEast at Liverpool Street and no "Mind the Gap". The 'new' Sonia
mentioned Network rail services. Presumably it depends on the individual
train which version you get.

Pre-38 November 7th 03 08:34 AM

Minding the Gap

ooops i done a "tiny" URL as I noticed the link above hasn't line wrapped
properly,
http://tinyurl.com/u1on

James Farrar November 7th 03 12:37 PM

Minding the Gap

Kat wrote:

In message , Jim Brittin
writes
I've noticed "Mind The Gap Between The Train And The Platform" is now
included on the Central Line on-train announcements and I think it's a
different voice. Have yet to discover whether this new 'Sonia' announces
trains terminating at North Acton in the same peculiar manner as her
predecessor.

I think Ms Hammersmith & City is now pronouncing Plaistow with a long
"a" instead of a short "a"

At long last!

--
James Farrar |
London, SE13 |

twalker November 10th 03 10:24 AM

Minding the Gap

In article ,
says...
In article ,
says...
I've noticed "Mind The Gap Between The Train And The Platform" is now
included on the Central Line on-train announcements and I think it's a
different voice. Have yet to discover whether this new 'Sonia' announces
trains terminating at North Acton in the same peculiar manner as her
predecessor.

Yesterday however my Central Line journey had the 'old' Sonia, Network
SouthEast at Liverpool Street and no "Mind the Gap". The 'new' Sonia
mentioned Network rail services. Presumably it depends on the individual
train which version you get.

The 'new' Sonia also tells you to change for Waterloo & City line
at Bank, instead of Network SouthEast. But she still doesn't know
it doesn't run on Sundays.

--
Trevor