Old November 6th 03, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Minding the Gap

I've noticed "Mind The Gap Between The Train And The Platform" is now
included on the Central Line on-train announcements and I think it's a
different voice. Have yet to discover whether this new 'Sonia' announces
trains terminating at North Acton in the same peculiar manner as her
predecessor.

Old November 6th 03, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Jim Brittin
writes
I've noticed "Mind The Gap Between The Train And The Platform" is now
included on the Central Line on-train announcements and I think it's a
different voice. Have yet to discover whether this new 'Sonia' announces
trains terminating at North Acton in the same peculiar manner as her
predecessor.

I think Ms Hammersmith & City is now pronouncing Plaistow with a long
"a" instead of a short "a"
--
Kat

Old November 7th 03, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Yes regarding the Central Line, another of the 'new announcements girl' now
says, "This Is A Central Line Train to then destination" instead of, "This
Train Terminates At then Destination" amoungst some other small changes.
I think it must be this woman they call, Emma Clark, as there's a feature on
her on the tube website he
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/tubemag/nexts...1&sideMenu=men
u1option1

regards,
Pre38
See you at Live London Transport Chat at
http://www.centaur.plus.com or
irc://undernet/uklondontransport

Old November 7th 03, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

ooops i done a "tiny" URL as I noticed the link above hasn't line wrapped
properly,
http://tinyurl.com/u1on

Old November 7th 03, 12:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kat wrote:

In message , Jim Brittin
writes
I've noticed "Mind The Gap Between The Train And The Platform" is now
included on the Central Line on-train announcements and I think it's a
different voice. Have yet to discover whether this new 'Sonia' announces
trains terminating at North Acton in the same peculiar manner as her
predecessor.

I think Ms Hammersmith & City is now pronouncing Plaistow with a long
"a" instead of a short "a"

At long last!

--
James Farrar |
London, SE13 |

"Mind the Gap" - Radio programme Jason London Transport 0 July 29th 05 09:48 AM
Bushey gap John Rowland London Transport 8 June 27th 04 08:46 AM
The Richmond Park/Wilmbeldon Common Rail/Tube/Decent Bus gap Rich Johnston London Transport 4 January 30th 04 04:00 PM
mind the gap.. dj152 London Transport 6 November 6th 03 09:20 PM
Picc Line - Please mind the gap between the train and the platform Tom Beevers London Transport 2 August 22nd 03 09:39 AM