Old November 10th 03, 12:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube question

Hello,

I'm going to book my hotel in London-Barking area

Don't. It's a **** hole.

Why? What? When? How?

I always take the Etap Barking, 38 pound for single, 42 pound for double
room. The price was raised twice in the last two years, each time 5 pounds.
On my first stay, I had to pay like 26 pound for a night. Still, I cannot
find a better deal for a Hotel / B&B in London... If someone could provide
me with a better address, I'd be happy to test it next time!

Back to Etap/Formule 1 in Barking: Clean rooms, easy access to an all night
Tesco Store, distance to the Tube 15 minutes, to Busstop about 5 minutes.
Going to the Tube, you pass through the town center, to get breakfast or
whatever you need. Tube from Barking to the center is around 50 minutes,
which is a long time. I accepted the time since the price in the city is at
least double or triple (as I said: If you know a better place, please tell
me.) Depending on where you want to go it makes sense to get a Jubilee Train
at West Ham, since it is faster and has less stops.

Concerning the Ladies: I must be blind since I did not see one yet, although
I stayed in Barking Hotels like 6 times, for about 25 days added up.

So... Been there, done that... doing it again anytime without hesitation!

Tube accessibility question, Russell Square and Gloucester Road grusl London Transport 14 July 12th 08 10:56 AM
Tube question Russ London Transport 23 September 5th 07 09:28 AM
Question about tube strikes Poldie London Transport 13 January 10th 06 04:33 PM
Tube driver with mates in cab question Dave Newt London Transport 10 November 6th 04 10:00 AM
Heathrow & Piccadilly Tube Question Add Subtract London Transport 5 September 3rd 03 10:11 AM