Old November 12th 09, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Changing from Tube to London Overground - valid out of station interchange

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:23:23 -0800 (PST), Uncle-C
wrote:

On 12 Nov, 18:32, Paul Corfield wrote:

As a side comment I was slightly puzzled by some of the interchange
examples provided by the fare finder alternative routes. I can see
why someone may change Leytonstone High Rd / Leytonstone in order to
reach Wanstead. I completely fail to see why anyone starting at
Gospel Oak and not going via Z1 would change Seven Sisters / South
Tottenham or Walthamstow Central / Walthamstow Queens Road in order
to reach *Wanstead* on the Central Line! * Most odd but not an issue
for anyone here to answer.

The only possible reason I can think of is if one decides to take the
NLL line instead of the GOBLIN . This would allow a change at Highbury
&Islington onto the Victoria Line to either Seven Sisters, for the
GOBLIN from S.Tottenham to Leytsonstone High Rd. and then Central Line
at Leytonstone , or Walthamstow Central, for the GOBLIN from
Walthamstow Queens Rd to Leytonstone High Rd.

You would, however, have to be clinically insane or plain daft to make
such a journey. If you were on the NLL then you'd just stay on it to
Stratford and pick up the Central there. It is, after all, the first
alternative non Z1 route offered.

You could just be gricing, of course! OTOH, wanting to go to Wanstead
could indicate something. :-)

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old November 12th 09, 08:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Changing from Tube to London Overground - valid out of stationinterchanges

On 11 Nov, 21:54, Paul Corfield wrote:
Perhaps someone can correct me but is the spreadsheet file from way
back in Nov 2008 ? There are several other valid OOSIs which have
Seven Sisters / South Tottenham being one of them.

Are you sure about that? *I'm not aware that is an OSI for PAYG.

It absolutely is, and has been since slightly after the start of
Overground.

(ditto Archway/Upper Holloway)

Old November 14th 09, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:55:03 -0000, Ben batty wrote:

what about Shepherds Bush Market (H&C line) a 500m walk to Shepherds
Bush (London Overground)?

It used to be an OSI before the SB(Central Line) rebuild (Before SB LO
station existed) and now it doesn't count

How could Shepherds Bush Market [previously Shepherds Bush H&C] to
Shepherds Bush LO have been an OSI before Shepherds Bush LO existed???

I was charged for 2 singles
on my OysterPAYG. Why when there is no other way to connect H&C with
LO in the area?

You could have done Origin - Wood Lane - White City - Shepherds Bush LU -
Shepherds Bush LO - Destination and only be charged 1 single.

--
Fig