Old November 8th 09, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Changing from Tube to London Overground - valid out of stationinterchanges

I often have to travel from the far west and north westerly ends of
the Picc. and Met. lines to the far reaches of East London and usually
change from underground to London Overground at either West Hampstead
or Finchley Rd for Finchley Road and Frognal. I've done a search on
the TFL site for my particular journey and it now seems that Kilburn
(Underground) / Brondesbury (London Overground) is also a valid out of
station interchange. I've not seen it on any lists and would like to
know if this is indeed the case.

cheers,
UC

Old November 9th 09, 07:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 14:47:01 -0800 (PST), Uncle-C
wrote:

I often have to travel from the far west and north westerly ends of
the Picc. and Met. lines to the far reaches of East London and usually
change from underground to London Overground at either West Hampstead
or Finchley Rd for Finchley Road and Frognal. I've done a search on
the TFL site for my particular journey and it now seems that Kilburn
(Underground) / Brondesbury (London Overground) is also a valid out of
station interchange. I've not seen it on any lists and would like to
know if this is indeed the case.

Yes it is a valid interchange.
--
Paul C

How do I determine that (and find any other such interchanges)?

Old November 9th 09, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 08:28:58 -0000, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:

[osis]

How do I determine that (and find any other such interchanges)?

I know about Brondesbury as a result of work info. I understand the
London Reconnections blog has a list on their site of the OSIs.

Not sure how they are reflected by TfL - perhaps via the single fare
finder?

checks

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...tford&ft=Adult

is an example where alternative fares / routes are shown.
--
Paul C

I find it amazing that I have to rummage around on what seems to be an
unofficial blog (even if the data was supplied by Tfl) to find the OSI list.

Old November 10th 09, 10:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

what about Shepherds Bush Market (H&C line) a 500m walk to Shepherds
Bush (London Overground)?

It used to be an OSI before the SB(Central Line) rebuild (Before SB LO
station existed) and now it doesn't count, I was charged for 2 singles
on my OysterPAYG. Why when there is no other way to connect H&C with
LO in the area?

Odd and annoying, as I ONLY chose that route as it was within the LUL/
LO network, I would have got a bus which would have brought me much
closer to my destination and been better value for money! Grrr!

Also, it is incredible that we, the travelling general public, must
consult an official, [albeit excellent] blog to check the OSI's.

B ☺
Old November 10th 09, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Graham Harrison) wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 08:28:58 -0000, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:

[osis]

How do I determine that (and find any other such interchanges)?

I know about Brondesbury as a result of work info. I understand
the
London Reconnections blog has a list on their site of the OSIs.

Not sure how they are reflected by TfL - perhaps via the single fare
finder?

checks

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...current/defaul
t.aspx?mode=alternate&on=West+Harrow&dn=Stratford& ft=Adult

is an example where alternative fares / routes are shown.

I find it amazing that I have to rummage around on what seems to be
an unofficial blog (even if the data was supplied by Tfl) to find
the OSI list.

Some brought a printout of a spreadsheet showing them to the meet up. I
was hoping the spreadsheet would be circulated.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old November 11th 09, 08:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11 Nov, 00:02, wrote:

Some brought a printout of a spreadsheet showing them to the meet up. I
was hoping the spreadsheet would be circulated.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Perhaps someone can correct me but is the spreadsheet file from way
back in Nov 2008 ? There are several other valid OOSIs which have
emerged since then; Seven Sisters / South Tottenham being one of them.
Is there anywhere we can get hold of a current list or does this
entail emailing TFL enquiries and asking them directly ?

uc
Old November 12th 09, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11 Nov, 21:54, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 01:29:42 -0800 (PST), Uncle-C
wrote:

Perhaps someone can correct me but is the spreadsheet file from way
back in Nov 2008 ? There are several other valid OOSIs which have
emerged since then; Seven Sisters / South Tottenham being one of them.

Are you sure about that? *I'm not aware that is an OSI for PAYG.

I done a "fare finder" search on the TFL site for "Gospel Oak to
Wanstead," and when clicking on "Alternative Fare" it came up with
two options :

Route 1: Avoiding Zone 1 via Stratford (London Overground)

Route 2: Via Blackhorse Road, Leytonstone/Leytonstone High Road, Seven
Sisters/South Tottenham, Tottenham Hale or Walthamstow Central/Queen's
Rd

From the above I am correct in deducing that Seven Sisters / South
Tottenham are OOSIs ? In terms of walking distance they are only about
5-10 minutes from each other.

uc

Old November 12th 09, 06:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12 Nov, 18:32, Paul Corfield wrote:

As a side comment I was slightly puzzled by some of the interchange
examples provided by the fare finder alternative routes. I can see why
someone may change Leytonstone High Rd / Leytonstone in order to reach
Wanstead. I completely fail to see why anyone starting at Gospel Oak and
not going via Z1 would change Seven Sisters / South Tottenham or
Walthamstow Central / Walthamstow Queens Road in order to reach
*Wanstead* on the Central Line! * Most odd but not an issue for anyone
here to answer.

The only possible reason I can think of is if one decides to take the
NLL line instead of the GOBLIN . This would allow a change at Highbury
&Islington onto the Victoria Line to either Seven Sisters, for the
GOBLIN from S.Tottenham to Leytsonstone High Rd. and then Central Line
at Leytonstone , or Walthamstow Central, for the GOBLIN from
Walthamstow Queens Rd to Leytonstone High Rd.