Old November 12th 03, 09:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oystercard Failure

I currently have an Oyster which has worked find for the last 3 months. My
current tickets runs oot on the 14th November.

When leaving Camden Town station this morning, my card failed saying "Seek
Assistance". Did not catch the Reason Code. I moved aside and asked the SA
to check it for me.

He then asked when I bought it, I said "About 3 three weeks ago",
he replied "About ? Where from ?",
I said "Camden Town or TicketLine, can't remember",
he then said "Is it your card ?".

Now I had a. my Record card which had my Oystercard number and Photocard on
it, b. my photocard with the correct number, and c. my Oystercard with the
corresponding card number. It is clearly my card, it has not been stolen
and is not my fault that it failed. While I was being "Talked" to by the
SA, I saw two people jump the Ticket Gates.

Are SA's being given incentives to try to catch Fraudulent Oystercards ?

Old November 12th 03, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , simon
writes
[...]

If this happens again, look at the code which come up on the gate.
You can ask to have the card checked with the hand-held checker or ask
someone in the ticket office to check it on a TOM
If the card has completely failed the ticket office will be able to
replace it for you.
--
Kat Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax

and get used to the idea - Robert A. Heinlein

Old November 12th 03, 07:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , simon
writes
Now I had a. my Record card which had my Oystercard number and Photocard on
it, b. my photocard with the correct number, and c. my Oystercard with the
corresponding card number. It is clearly my card, it has not been stolen
and is not my fault that it failed. While I was being "Talked" to by the
SA, I saw two people jump the Ticket Gates.

Since when did you expect SAs to care about people jumping the gates?
--
James Masterton - www.masterton.co.uk