Showing results 1 to 25 of 66
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tony Raven
Forum: London Transport July 24th 05, 10:24 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Tony Raven
Mayor Ken's secret plan to rid London of cycling menace.

Tony W wrote:
"Tony Raven" wrote in message

Dulfersitz:

What do you mean? When I were a lad that was _the_ way you...
Forum: London Transport July 23rd 05, 08:32 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Tony Raven
Mayor Ken's secret plan to rid London of cycling menace.

mark wrote:
other methods are there?

Dulfersitz: Straddle the ropes, bring the rope up and over one's shoulder
from behind, then across the front of the torso and down past the opposite...
Forum: London Transport July 21st 05, 10:52 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Tony Raven
Mayor Ken's secret plan to rid London of cycling menace.

Adrian wrote:
Tony Raven ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

I guess the question is how many times have you seen someone cycling
on a...
Forum: London Transport July 21st 05, 09:56 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Tony Raven
Mayor Ken's secret plan to rid London of cycling menace.

Adrian wrote:

Y'know, I was always under the impression that the Highway Code applied to
cyclists, and that they were meant to *read* it occasionally...?

shrug
Forum: London Transport July 21st 05, 09:16 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Tony Raven
Mayor Ken's secret plan to rid London of cycling menace.

wrote:

Cyclemaps suggests I go through Pentonville Prison on my way to
work, which is amusing, but the map shows a correct route.

Did you use the Monopoly version. ...
Forum: London Transport July 21st 05, 05:50 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Tony Raven
Mayor Ken's secret plan to rid London of cycling menace.

Colin wrote:

What says you all?

I say, as I've said many times before, use http://www.cyclemaps.com *.
It may not be perfect (I believe it started from the same TfL database)
but the last...
Forum: London Transport May 26th 05, 07:30 AM
Replies: 110
Posted By Tony Raven
Unicycles on the London Underground

Tom Anderson wrote:

TfL said:

"You will be able to transport a uni-cycle as long as it is less than 2
meters in length and if you can handle it easily in he event of an
emergency."

Forum: London Transport May 25th 05, 02:32 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Tony Raven
Unicycles on the London Underground

David Nutter wrote:

when the wax melts, smells and runs.

There's a book on punctuation waiting to get out of that phrase ;-)

--
Tony
Forum: London Transport May 24th 05, 11:23 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Tony Raven
Unicycles on the London Underground

Malcolm & Nika wrote:
OK...so those of you who have endured the crush on , say, the Victoria line
between Finsbury Park and Victoria, everyday at about 08:30 or any other
line for that...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 05, 07:20 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Tony Raven
Unicycles on the London Underground

Ian Smith wrote:

Really? I did actually have some vague notion about what you might
mean by the term. What I'm more confused about is why, if road dirt
is what upsets you, you decided to...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 05, 05:37 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Tony Raven
Unicycles on the London Underground

JNugent wrote:

Perhaps I would be surprised. In fact, if there are many around at all (and
you seem to be saying so), I am already surprised.

I've got one, Guy has one IIRC, Danny and...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 05, 07:08 AM
Replies: 110
Posted By Tony Raven
Unicycles on the London Underground

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
"JNugent" typed

Do unicycles?

If they operate in the same way as bicycles, the answer must be "yes".
Forum: London Transport May 23rd 05, 10:11 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Tony Raven
Unicycles on the London Underground

JNugent wrote:

Do rucksacks also have hardened steel sharp bits sticking out and/or covered
in black grease as well?

I don't know about rucksacks but pushchairs do. OTOH my bicycle...
Forum: London Transport May 23rd 05, 09:55 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Tony Raven
Unicycles on the London Underground

Malcolm & Nika wrote:

Dont have to search a rule book...its basic knowledge in training,
They are banned underground for safety and comfort reasons.

Non existent training I'd say:

"You...
Forum: London Transport May 23rd 05, 06:14 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Tony Raven
Unicycles on the London Underground

Tom Anderson wrote:
Hi alll,

Can you take a unicycle on the London Underground?

You can take a bike on large sections of it and if not it'll certainly
give the jobsworths a headache...
Forum: London Transport April 11th 05, 06:52 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Tony Raven
Route from Holloway to Bloomsbury

Clive Coleman wrote:

If you really paid all your council tax it would be four or five times
what it is now because the government subsidy would be withdrawn, so you
are just plain...
Forum: London Transport April 11th 05, 05:52 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Tony Raven
Route from Holloway to Bloomsbury

Clive Coleman wrote:
In message , Tony Raven
writes

So hands off our tarmac thank you.

How can it be your tarmac when you...
Forum: London Transport April 11th 05, 04:50 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Tony Raven
Route from Holloway to Bloomsbury

Clive Coleman wrote:

That's right, you stick to the cobbles and tram lines, I'll stay with
tarmac.

Roads were being macadamised long before cars or bicycles came on the
scene - McAdam...
Forum: London Transport April 10th 05, 09:38 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By Tony Raven
Route from Holloway to Bloomsbury

David Martin wrote:
On 10/4/05 2:35 am, in article , "Clive

In message ,...
Forum: London Transport April 10th 05, 08:39 AM
Replies: 29

David Splett wrote:

Cars and buses are what the roads are for, cyclists just get a...
Forum: London Transport April 8th 05, 08:01 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Tony Raven
Route from Holloway to Bloomsbury

David Splett wrote:

I frequently make this or similar journeys, and I would recommend the
following:-

Caledonian Road - Market Road - York Way (closed at the moment) - Goods
Way -...
Forum: London Transport April 8th 05, 06:16 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Tony Raven
Route from Holloway to Bloomsbury

Tom Anderson wrote:
Hi,

What's a good route to cycle from Holloway (round about the Nag's Head) to
Bloomsbury (specifically, UCL)?

Have you tried http://www.cyclemaps.com to find a route...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 04, 07:38 PM
Replies: 183
Posted By Tony Raven
Institutionalised law-breaking using bikes - anarchy is nearat hand

Alan Braggins wrote:

Well, my experience of cycling from Waterloo to Bank several times a
week is that at least 75%...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 04, 06:02 PM
Replies: 183
Posted By Tony Raven
Institutionalised law-breaking using bikes - anarchy is nearat hand

Silas Denyer wrote:

This implies (on linear scaling, with all the caveats that implies)
that of the 775 pedestrians killed UK-wide about 295 were caused by
road vehicles (including...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 04, 05:22 PM
Replies: 183
Posted By Tony Raven
Institutionalised law-breaking using bikes - anarchy is nearat hand

Silas Denyer wrote:

Most road traffic laws are applied reasonably even handedly. I have
actually been stopped for speeding on my bicycle, for instance, but
never in my car.

In that case,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 66

Forum Jump