Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Colin Wilson
Forum: London Transport August 16th 07, 05:10 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Colin Wilson
Is Heathrow due to become Cancer Capital of Europe?

Many years ago, even before the Chunnel was built, there was a plan to
place London's third airport somewhere in the Pas de Calais area.

The idea was that transcontinental flights would end there...
Forum: London Transport June 3rd 07, 06:38 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Colin Wilson
Peaceful travel to Heathrow

In Los Angles on the Metro the "Ticket inspectors" are actual Los Angles
Cops with guns!
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 22:13:14...
Forum: London Transport February 23rd 07, 06:20 AM
Replies: 55
Posted By Colin Wilson
Trolleybuses for London!

Trams can also be battery powered.

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-40%2CGGLG%3Aen&q=%22battery+powered+trams%22+%7C+%22trams+powered+by+battery%22

To...
Forum: London Transport August 25th 06, 03:29 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Colin Wilson
Animals on the underground

See http://www.animalsontheunderground.com/index.html for some amusing
drawings based on the London Underground map.
Forum: London Transport August 8th 06, 09:11 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Colin Wilson
Anagrams:

Not sure if this has been here previously:

http://www.anagramgenius.com/archive/wood-green-station.html
Forum: London Transport August 1st 06, 12:41 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Colin Wilson
Tube quiz name game

The game is certainly good fun and certainly points out how oblivious I can
be when travelling around!

Forum: London Transport June 9th 06, 12:43 AM
Replies: 36
Posted By Colin Wilson
Overheating on the Tube

I think the problem with the District and Circle lines is they pass
Westminster. An awful lot of hot air eminates from there.

Forum: London Transport June 8th 06, 05:26 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Colin Wilson
Rockall Times

The Rockall Times reports on a startling new plan from TfL

http://www.therockalltimes.co.uk/2006/03/13/tfl-plan.html

TFL tube repair plan angers Londoners
Lack of disruption provkes widescale...
Forum: London Transport March 29th 06, 11:56 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Colin Wilson
Euro Star

All valid points.

I admit that my constraint is money, not time. I am prepared (within
reason) to adjust the time and days I travel to avoid peak periods. And if
the price goes too high, I don't...
Forum: London Transport March 29th 06, 10:38 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By Colin Wilson
Euro Star

Thanks for that.

You have to wonder why they simply don't have a 59 pound fare and have done
with it.

The last time I travelled on Euro Star the train from Paris to London
managed to get lost...
Forum: London Transport March 29th 06, 09:08 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By Colin Wilson
Euro Star

Is there any secret to getting the price of a Euro Star ticket.

My experience at Waterloo was that the sales person was determined to drive
the price of the ticket up as high as she could. ...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Forum Jump