Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arthur Figgis
Forum: London Transport May 28th 21, 06:39 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Arthur Figgis
North Woolwich station

On 27/05/2021 20:14, Theo wrote:
Recliner wrote:
No, the history of them, how they formed the life-blood of the whole dock
system, and what happened to them after...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 21, 08:24 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Tim goes Underground

On 01/04/2021 18:51, Graeme Wall wrote:

I know zip all about the minutiae of the Boer War or the Crimea War
for example (all I know comes from a couple of...
Forum: London Transport March 10th 21, 08:37 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Gasworks Tunnel

On 09/03/2021 17:33, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 09/03/2021 16:48, Marland wrote:

And before PC intervened the term “Fat ControllerÂ* “ was easily
understood
and remembered amongst the...
Forum: London Transport March 6th 21, 12:07 AM
Replies: 51
Posted By Arthur Figgis
New piccadilly line trains

On 05/03/2021 22:46, Recliner wrote:
Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 05/03/2021...
Forum: London Transport March 6th 21, 12:05 AM
Replies: 51
Posted By Arthur Figgis
New piccadilly line trains

On 05/03/2021 22:46, Recliner wrote:

Most of the people who'd have to pay that charge don't get to vote for the
mayor, which is probably why Khan proposed it.

I was amazed at how many people...
Forum: London Transport March 5th 21, 05:41 PM
Replies: 51
Posted By Arthur Figgis
New piccadilly line trains

On 05/03/2021 16:56, Recliner wrote:

If, by some amazing chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May,
Is that plausible, short of Sadiq Khan being filmed wearing a Dominic
Cummings fan club t-shirt...
Forum: London Transport February 20th 21, 07:24 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Johnston font beneath Thames Barrier

On 17/02/2021 14:37, Pamela wrote:

In the bad old days you may have needed a trip to the St Bride
library off Fleet Street to research obscure fonts. I think it's
closed down now that everyone...
Forum: London Transport January 5th 21, 08:27 PM
Replies: 151
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

On 05/01/2021 15:00, Sam Wilson wrote:

Why *do* Americans insist on using their middle initials/names on official
documentation? Does "John H Smith" sound...
Forum: London Transport January 5th 21, 08:24 PM
Replies: 151
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

On 05/01/2021 18:17, Sam Wilson wrote:
In message , at 16:22:35 on Tue, 5 Jan 2021,
Tweed ...
Forum: London Transport January 5th 21, 08:20 PM
Replies: 151

On 05/01/2021 11:53, wrote:
Forum: London Transport December 15th 20, 10:51 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Have the 483s had their final run?

On 15/12/2020 18:59, Jeremy Double wrote:

The EU mandated separation of infrastructure from train operation,
following the pattern established in the UK by privatisation.

Sweden was first. And...
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 20, 05:48 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Congestion charge to N/S Circular??????

goes up again. From my personal experience however the buses are as crowded
as they're allowed to be. Odd how the snowflakes seem to be scared...
Forum: London Transport October 20th 20, 05:42 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Manhattan-on-Thames, Nine Elms

On 20/10/2020 11:52, Sam Wilson wrote:
Arthur Figgis wrote:

not matter, since many foreign-owned London flats are...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 20, 08:40 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Manhattan-on-Thames, Nine Elms

On 19/10/2020 21:27, Sam Wilson wrote:

not matter, since many foreign-owned London flats are allegedly empty most
of the time anyway.

I know it is one of those things that "everyone knows", but...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 20, 08:23 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Congestion charge to N/S Circular??????

On 18/10/2020 16:10, Graeme Wall wrote:

The legal obligation is from a Transport Act of 1884. That may have a
derogation for essential maintenance but I suspect Khan would argue that
doesn't...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 20, 08:13 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Congestion charge to N/S Circular??????

On 19/10/2020 10:38, tim... wrote:

not helped by biased headlines like this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8853767/ANDREW-PIERCE-Sadiq-Khans-policies-add-lot-wasted-cash.html...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 20, 08:08 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Congestion charge to N/S Circular??????

On 17/10/2020 15:52, Recliner wrote:

certainly hasn't agreed to it. It's possible that all the TfL services
(apart from the Woolwich ferry) will close within days.

TfL said last night they have...
Forum: London Transport September 16th 20, 05:10 PM
Replies: 67
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Hammersmith Horror story

On 16/09/2020 09:50, wrote:
On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 21:17:22 +0100
On 15/09/2020 10:36, ...
Forum: London Transport September 15th 20, 08:17 PM
Replies: 67
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Hammersmith Horror story

On 15/09/2020 10:36, wrote:

Meanwhile the germans and
french rebuilt like for like and now plenty of the formally bombed out towns
are tourists attractions.

Not really,...
Forum: London Transport September 15th 20, 08:09 PM
Replies: 67
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Hammersmith Horror story

On 15/09/2020 08:51, D A Stocks wrote:

Precisely. Why build a not fit for purpose visually identical
replacement when you can put something useful there instead?

Because when that seemed a...
Forum: London Transport September 15th 20, 08:07 PM
Replies: 67
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Hammersmith Horror story

On 15/09/2020 01:35, Marland wrote:
In message , at 11:03:35 on Mon, 14
Sep 2020, Marland...
Forum: London Transport August 10th 20, 05:39 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Can't update Oyster card with cash any more

On 10/08/2020 10:22, wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 10:02:08 +0100
I took the tube for the...
Forum: London Transport June 6th 20, 10:45 AM
Replies: 83
Posted By Arthur Figgis
New Freedom pass peak hour restriction

On 06/06/2020 11:11, Roland Perry wrote:

Public transport day-tickets are usually 4am-4am.

Are they? One of the first things I look for when buying them is what
they a I've seen until last...
Forum: London Transport May 23rd 20, 10:33 AM
Replies: 90
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Coronavirus: TfL reveals 20 busiest Tube and train

Any government with a working pair of ******** (which rules out the current one)
could enact emergency legislation at a time like this to put...
Forum: London Transport March 30th 20, 05:30 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Arthur Figgis
Crossrail construction halted

On 29/03/2020 09:01, Someone Somewhere wrote:

Indeed - what very few of the shouty people on the internet or in the
media seem to realise is that

[i]
is a little more nuanced than people...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500