Showing results 1 to 25 of 254
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tom Barry
Forum: London Transport July 31st 10, 11:44 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Tom Barry
S stock 02/08/10

MIG wrote:

You mean like how people who already know that they like to look out
of windows won't be aware that transverse seating has now been
introduced throughout? That will be nice.

It...
Forum: London Transport July 20th 10, 08:03 AM
Replies: 47
Posted By Tom Barry
Oyster Route Validators - compulsory to touch?

Mizter T wrote:

Oyster route validators are all about providing a way for people to
prove they've avoided zone 1 and hence allow them to pay/ be charged
the non-z1 fare.

Very useful they...
Forum: London Transport July 19th 10, 06:02 PM
Replies: 107
Posted By Tom Barry
Cycle hire

Mizter T wrote:

There'll be various bits of info buried around the TfL site I'd think
(e.g. in the Board papers), but I haven't really delved into that side
of things much. In the grand...
Forum: London Transport July 19th 10, 10:12 AM
Replies: 107
Posted By Tom Barry
Cycle hire

wrote:
I wonder how long before some adolescent and his mates come along and
start destroying them.

Can I put it on record now that I do not expect vandalism to be a...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 10, 08:05 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom Barry
Dalston J bus opening and ELL worry

wrote:

I could understand the problems with the jubilee if it was still 1995. But
surely in 2010 moving block ATO should be a turnkey install? Its not
exactly...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 10, 10:32 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom Barry
Dalston J bus opening and ELL worry

MIG wrote:

Some lovely confused and wrong comments about Oyster on there ...

Yes, this is what we call 'members of the public'. Oyster's current
state of needing a degree to understand it is...
Forum: London Transport July 15th 10, 10:05 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By Tom Barry
Dalston J bus opening and ELL worry

eastender wrote:
Does anyone know when the bus station and rear exit at Dalston Junction
is opening? It's been finished as far as I can see for a while but the
staff have no idea when.

Forum: London Transport July 13th 10, 02:45 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Tom Barry
TfL Rail and Tube panel

Mizter T wrote:

Especially as consultation is apparently OK for important things like
naming lines, but not for the silly things like passengers having the
chance of a seat.

Says the...
Forum: London Transport July 5th 10, 12:16 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom Barry
Traffic light removal

Richard J. wrote:

Who says, apart from Google Maps? The sign implies that cycles and
horse-drawn traffic are allowed to enter from North Street. At the
other end (Church Street), there...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 10, 09:46 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom Barry
Traffic light removal

Basil Jet wrote:

Repeating myself Ken & Chel seem to be against all control of traffic.
I couldn't get them to accept that the Appleford Road / Adair Road
crossroads having no give way...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 10, 05:02 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Tom Barry
Traffic light removal

Basil Jet wrote:
List here...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/Signal%20Removal%20List_01_07_10.pdf

I'm surprised Creffield Road / Twyford Avenue W3 hasn't been included,
Forum: London Transport June 23rd 10, 10:40 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Tom Barry
Massive Disruption at Paddington

Denis McMahon wrote:

And you know it was "Pikeys" (whatever they are) how exactly?

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Yes, that annoys me too - what's wrong with 'criminals', 'thieves' or
Forum: London Transport June 9th 10, 11:21 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Tom Barry
Boris on the box

Recliner wrote:

Anyone else see Boris on the local news last night threatening the
protesting motorbikers with...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 10, 02:56 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom Barry
Oona King to run for Labour's Mayoral candidacy in 2012

Mizter T wrote:

Really interesting news. I think she'd make for a very strong
candidate.

Yes, famouse for being a politician,...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 10, 02:39 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom Barry
GBP108 million cut to TfL's transport grant

Recliner wrote:

On the same bulletin I heard that the Mayor has confirmed this morning
that the Western Extension of the Congestion Charge will be scrapped
by the end of the year, so...
Forum: London Transport May 17th 10, 10:56 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By Tom Barry
Final design for the "New Bus for London" (aka BorisBus / newRoutemaster) unveiled

Mizter T wrote:

(I think it was Tom Barry - well it must have been - who attempted to
work out the total road space that would be used by the double-deckers
that replaced the bendies on...
Forum: London Transport May 17th 10, 08:17 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By Tom Barry
Final design for the "New Bus for London" (aka BorisBus / newRoutemaster) unveiled

Graham Harrison wrote:

It's not a Routemaster.

Tom

Are we sure it's 87 seats? Or is it 87 capacity (x seats and y standing)?

As Garius points out, it's 87 *capacity* which...
Forum: London Transport May 17th 10, 01:12 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By Tom Barry
Final design for the "New Bus for London" (aka BorisBus / newRoutemaster) unveiled

Mizter T wrote:
to my eyes at least, it does look good

Not to mine - the front is a hideous, bulbous eyed mess and looks like
it's got a black eye, while the back sacrifices the rear window for a...
Forum: London Transport May 11th 10, 09:44 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom Barry
Mayor's transport strategy - published in full

Bearded wrote:

But I'm sure our crack kremlinologists [borisologists? kulveerologists?]
will find much of interest in the fine detail.

Was out last night so haven't had a chance, but the...
Forum: London Transport May 7th 10, 12:33 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Tom Barry
Cameron to be new PM

Basil Jet wrote:
Announcement due at 2:30pm. Presumably this will help Boris do what he
wants, although a Tory majority would have been better for him.

From where I'm sitting Cameron is...
Forum: London Transport May 6th 10, 07:49 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Tom Barry
New East London Line report

Jamie Thompson wrote:
On May 5, 10:03 pm, Tom Barry wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
At last!
Bit late to the party, i know, but i went on it. It was very new, not
Forum: London Transport May 5th 10, 09:03 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Tom Barry
New East London Line report

Tom Anderson wrote:
At last!

Bit late to the party, i know, but i went on it. It was very new, not
very busy, the trains were very quiet, and Dalston Junction station is
HUGE.

Why...
Forum: London Transport May 2nd 10, 07:01 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Tom Barry
A cut!

Chris Read wrote:
"Paul Corfield" wrote:

However we are clearly not in the halcyon days of about 7-8 years ago when
considerable
improvement was being made.

Forum: London Transport April 7th 10, 11:12 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom Barry
Bus Route 8

David Cantrell wrote:

So don't stand on the stairs when the bus is moving. Or if you're so
unstable on your pins that you can't walk up and down stairs safely,
stay on the lower deck. ...
Forum: London Transport April 7th 10, 06:59 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom Barry
5 quid minimum top up at ticket offices?

Recliner wrote:
"Offramp" wrote in message

wrote:

And what happens when the machines won't...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 254

Forum Jump