Old June 4th 10, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Boris on the box

Anyone else see Boris on the local news last night threatening the protesting
motorbikers with not being able to use the bus lanes if they didn't stop
the protests? While I think the bikers are whinging about nothing (its only
a quid a day FFS) I don't think Boris did himself any favours whatsoever as
he came across as rather petty and vindictive. I wonder if Cameron might
start moving him out to arms length fairly soon...

B2003

Old June 4th 10, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

Anyone else see Boris on the local news last night threatening the
protesting motorbikers with not being able to use the bus lanes if
they didn't stop
the protests? While I think the bikers are whinging about nothing
(its only a quid a day FFS) I don't think Boris did himself any
favours whatsoever as he came across as rather petty and vindictive.
I wonder if Cameron might start moving him out to arms length fairly
soon...

Most of the comments to BBC London seemed to favour him -- motorbikes
aren't particular popular, even when they're not protesting about a
measly £1/day parking charge. At least Boris was sober and sensible
when he made his verbal attack; Ken was filmed often enough making
drunken outbursts that were hard to support (eg, anti-semitic).

Old June 4th 10, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 11:42:21 +0100
"Recliner" wrote:
measly £1/day parking charge. At least Boris was sober and sensible
when he made his verbal attack; Ken was filmed often enough making
drunken outbursts that were hard to support (eg, anti-semitic).

Well thats true. Ken still hasn't had the balls to apologise for that
remark AFAIK.

B2003

Old June 4th 10, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 4 June, 11:46, wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 11:42:21 +0100

"Recliner" wrote:
measly £1/day parking charge. *At least Boris was sober and sensible
when he made his verbal attack; Ken was filmed often enough making
drunken outbursts that were hard to support (eg, anti-semitic).

Well thats true. Ken still hasn't had the balls to apologise for that
remark AFAIK.

No, it isn't true. Well, he may have made drunken outbursts, but the
"anti-semitic" accusation was rather contrived even if one didn't know
the character. Actually knowing his work makes it totally
ridiculous. It was Boris, not Ken, who scuppered the anti-racist
festival in London and has made dubious racial remarks.
Old June 4th 10, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"MIG" wrote in message

On 4 June, 11:46, wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 11:42:21 +0100

"Recliner" wrote:
measly £1/day parking charge. At least Boris was sober and sensible
when he made his verbal attack; Ken was filmed often enough making
drunken outbursts that were hard to support (eg, anti-semitic).

Well thats true. Ken still hasn't had the balls to apologise for that
remark AFAIK.

No, it isn't true. Well, he may have made drunken outbursts, but the
"anti-semitic" accusation was rather contrived even if one didn't know
the character. Actually knowing his work makes it totally
ridiculous. It was Boris, not Ken, who scuppered the anti-racist
festival in London and has made dubious racial remarks.

I agree that Ken isn't really anti-semitic, but his virulent hatred of
the Daily Mail/Evening Standard meant that he rather lost control of
what he said when drunk (which seemed to happen quite often), leaving
himself wide open to such criticism. He was also keen on some rather
rum, not to say dangerous, characters.

Old June 4th 10, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 03:56:55 -0700 (PDT)
MIG wrote:
No, it isn't true. Well, he may have made drunken outbursts, but the
"anti-semitic" accusation was rather contrived even if one didn't know
the character. Actually knowing his work makes it totally

Possibly, but it was still an unpleasent and OTT remark.

ridiculous. It was Boris, not Ken, who scuppered the anti-racist
festival in London

Thank god. The unemployed crusty brigade and militant left have enough excuses
for causing a nuisance without giving them another one. And what would it
achieve anyway? Would all the BNP members watching that load of scruffy oiks on
TV suddenly see the error of their ways, hand in their memberships and go buy
Mandela T-shirts? Do me a favour.

B2003

Old June 4th 10, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG wrote:
No, it isn't true. Well, he may have made drunken outbursts, but the
"anti-semitic" accusation was rather contrived even if one didn't
know the character. Actually knowing his work makes it totally

Possibly, but it was still an unpleasent and OTT remark.

ridiculous. It was Boris, not Ken, who scuppered the anti-racist
festival in London

Thank god. The unemployed crusty brigade and militant left have
enough excuses for causing a nuisance without giving them another
one. And what would it achieve anyway? Would all the BNP members
watching that load of scruffy oiks on TV suddenly see the error of
their ways, hand in their memberships and go buy Mandela T-shirts? Do
me a favour.

Boltar -- you and I agree again!

Old June 4th 10, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 12:30:48 +0100
"Recliner" wrote:
Boltar -- you and I agree again!

Doctors are developing a cure even as we speak, hold on in there!

B2003

Old June 4th 10, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG wrote:
No, it isn't true. Well, he may have made drunken outbursts, but the
"anti-semitic" accusation was rather contrived even if one didn't
know the character. Actually knowing his work makes it totally

Possibly, but it was still an unpleasent and OTT remark.

ridiculous. It was Boris, not Ken, who scuppered the anti-racist
festival in London

Thank god. The unemployed crusty brigade and militant left have
enough excuses for causing a nuisance without giving them another
one. And what would it achieve anyway? Would all the BNP members
watching that load of scruffy oiks on TV suddenly see the error of
their ways, hand in their memberships and go buy Mandela T-shirts? Do
me a favour.

Boltar -- you and I agree again!

You are Boltar's dad and ICMFP. ;-)

Old June 4th 10, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 06:40:48 -0700 (PDT)
MIG wrote:
It's more to do with what would be left of music and entertainment if
it was left to straight, white men. I spose we'd still have the
beatles, but not so many of their influences ...

Spare us your self hating nonsense. I suppose if it was left to "straight
white men" we wouldn't have cRap, R&B, Garage, Spike Jonze, Graham Norton
and Lenny Henry.

Oh dear, what a tragic loss to the world of entertainment that would be.

How would we cope just with all the thousands of rock & dance bands, composers,
musicians, A list directors and actors who were left? It would be tough...

B2003