Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: eastender[_3_]
Forum: London Transport September 8th 09, 06:13 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By eastender[_3_]
East London Line replacement bus ELC to be withdrawn?

In article ,

Interesting - that matches the stated programme in the latest ELL
newsletter (as provided by...
Forum: London Transport September 4th 09, 06:27 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By eastender[_3_]
Brompton Road to re-open?

In article ,
wrote:

news.bbc.co.uk/local/london/hi/people_and_places.../8236894.stm

My web site dedicated to this topic...
Forum: London Transport July 29th 09, 04:26 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By eastender[_3_]
KPMG Bus Service Review is out

In article ,
Tom Barry wrote:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/corporate/Item05-Independent-Bus-Review
-July09.pdf

I see that...
Forum: London Transport July 29th 09, 03:48 PM
Replies: 246
Posted By eastender[_3_]
These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In article ,
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:21:13 +0100, Bruce

Forum: London Transport July 29th 09, 03:27 PM
Replies: 246
Posted By eastender[_3_]
These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In article ,

Agree 100%. They aren't perfect by any means, and such aspects as
driving standards and fare...
Forum: London Transport July 29th 09, 12:31 PM
Replies: 246
Posted By eastender[_3_]
These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In article ,

It's too easy to moan and whine about bendy buses. It takes a little
effort to learn how best to...
Forum: London Transport July 28th 09, 02:40 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By eastender[_3_]
ELL newsletter PDF offer

If anyone wants a PDF of the latest ELL newsletter email me at:

marcbgb at yahoo.com

changing the gb to uk in the username

E.
Forum: London Transport July 27th 09, 09:10 PM
Replies: 246
Posted By eastender[_3_]
These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In article ,

Presumably this is because every time a cyclist tries to talk to her
she...
Forum: London Transport July 27th 09, 09:07 PM
Replies: 246
Posted By eastender[_3_]
These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:

But that's not the point. It's their collateral damage which people are
worried about.

No - it's just...
Forum: London Transport July 27th 09, 08:58 PM
Replies: 246
Posted By eastender[_3_]
These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In article ,

The routemaster was perfect. I always feel somewhat "trapped" on a bus
where the driver has the power to...
Forum: London Transport July 27th 09, 08:08 PM
Replies: 246
Posted By eastender[_3_]
These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In article ,

Why then has TfL gone to
the loony bin if it introduces a bus boarding scheme that means...
Forum: London Transport July 26th 09, 06:35 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By eastender[_3_]
Electric EEL, sorry ELL

In article ,

Is the newsletter called "East London Line News" and published by the
consortium doing the...
Forum: London Transport July 25th 09, 01:00 PM
Replies: 246
Posted By eastender[_3_]
These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In article
,
John B wrote:

Bloody hell, that's a Boltar post that I completely, 100% agree with.

Me too -...
Forum: London Transport July 25th 09, 12:58 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By eastender[_3_]
Electric EEL, sorry ELL

The power on the ELL goes live on 1 August, according to a warning
telling me to keep off the tracks that arrived today.

There's a newsletter too with some pics including one with a reference
to...
Forum: London Transport April 30th 09, 09:48 AM
Replies: 69
Posted By eastender[_3_]
Buggy On Bus Discrimination Claim

In article ,
"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote:

No, it's quite simple - if there's space you board. If the
Forum: London Transport April 30th 09, 09:27 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By eastender[_3_]
I'm a believer

Just crossed the ELL near Dalston - seen track for the first time. Now I
believe.

E.
Forum: London Transport April 30th 09, 08:27 AM
Replies: 69
Posted By eastender[_3_]
Buggy On Bus Discrimination Claim

In article ,

If you can't fold a (presumably double) buggy and look after two
babies.......what do you...
Forum: London Transport April 29th 09, 11:07 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By eastender[_3_]
Buggy On Bus Discrimination Claim

In article ,
Ian Jelf wrote:

I'm sure it's far from simple. However, it is sometimes *necessary*

And if you have twins, as...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 09, 04:45 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By eastender[_3_]
Not screeching to a halt

In article
,
MIG wrote:

Still, it's a press story, so almost guaranteed not to be true.

I've just...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 09, 04:07 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By eastender[_3_]
Not screeching to a halt

Noisy trains at Bank close platforms.

E.
Forum: London Transport August 17th 08, 09:29 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By eastender[_3_]
M25 pick up

It depends a bit on the time of day, but I'd suggest Rickmansworth
offpeak and Chorleywood peak. In both cases you can exit at j18 and join
again at j17.

Thanks for the replies - it's...
Forum: London Transport August 16th 08, 09:11 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By eastender[_3_]
M25 pick up

For someone driving round the M1- M3 stretch of the M25 what would be a
good pick up station to collect someone on the way? ie, someone coming
from central London? I'm thinking Uxbridge, but maybe...
Forum: London Transport July 11th 08, 10:53 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By eastender[_3_]
Up the Junction

Nice picture of Dalston Junction a while back in this week's Hackney
Gazette, with train in the station. It's above a rather gruesome article
about a child murder there 100 years ago or so. So...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23

Forum Jump