Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: London Transport January 27th 09, 09:01 AM
Replies: 173
Posted By [email protected]
King's Cross entrance to Underground to close

On Jan 26, 9:54*am, Allan wrote:

All this so a lift can be installed.

Yeah, those old people and people in wheel chairs: who cares?

There's an excellent reason to put...
Forum: London Transport December 19th 08, 10:49 AM
Replies: 70
Posted By [email protected]
Coffee & ITSO

On Dec 19, 10:55*am, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
I've used more buses recently
in each of London, New York, Tokyo, all blessed with various pre-pay
systems, than I...
Forum: London Transport December 19th 08, 12:44 AM
Replies: 70
Posted By [email protected]
Coffee & ITSO

Thank you again. Whenever I go to London I use a One Day Travelcard

Get an Oyster. If you happen to make fewer journeys than the price of
a ODT, you save. If you make more, it's capped anyway. ...
Forum: London Transport December 19th 08, 12:34 AM
Replies: 70
Posted By [email protected]
Coffee & ITSO

It would be ideal for buses, and if change was only issued because the
machine determined it should be, and not on demand from the driver, it
would offer the security of a farebox system yet...
Forum: London Transport December 19th 08, 12:33 AM
Replies: 70
Posted By [email protected]
Coffee & ITSO

One thing I omitted to mention in my reply to Robert is that in
central London there is now a 'pay-before-you-board' regime for buses
- actually this is something of a misnomer considering that...
Forum: London Transport December 19th 08, 12:29 AM
Replies: 70
Posted By [email protected]
Coffee & ITSO

I cannot for the life of me see what the advantages are, for the
customer, of an electronic form of payment over cash for small amounts.

Whenever I'm in Tokyo I sling twenty quid on my Suica...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 08, 10:05 PM
Replies: 153
Posted By [email protected]
Bakerloo Line beyond Harrow & Wealdstone

On Nov 24, 11:11*pm, D7666 wrote:
On Nov 24, 10:50 pm, (Neil Williams)
wrote

DOO mirrors are certainly fitted at all the stations on that...
Forum: London Transport September 10th 08, 08:58 AM
Replies: 70
Posted By [email protected]
Accident in Croydon

On Sep 10, 12:29*am, Tom Anderson wrote:

diagonally across). *I just get in the bus lane and behave like a bus....

This is also my strategy. I'm getting very good at...
Forum: London Transport September 9th 08, 04:07 PM
Replies: 70
Posted By [email protected]
Accident in Croydon

[1] I have a very vague recollection of having seen bus stencils
somewhere in the UK. Bike stencils are provided in places though,
unlike some other places, there is no stencil on the red...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Forum Jump