Showing results 1 to 25 of 159
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Read
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 11, 08:54 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Chris Read
Route 17 at London Bridge stn

Mildly frustrating that the incoming 17 does a tour of the bus station
without (officially) letting pax off, and sets down in London Bridge Street,
often getting stuck in traffic en route.

For the...
Forum: London Transport December 20th 10, 09:32 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Chris Read
113 cancellations on FCC Thameslink

"Mizter T" wrote:

I think the Sutton loop and Sevenoaks services fell apart completely -
someone I know who was travelling up from south of the river found
themselves on...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 10, 09:17 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris Read
Stagecoach buys East London Bus Group

"Paul Corfield" wrote:

Mr Souter returns to the London Bus Market with the purchase of ELBG
for roundly £59m having originally sold it to Macquarie for £263m a
number of years...
Forum: London Transport August 13th 10, 08:30 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Chris Read
LU A stock over NR routes

Digressing somewhat....

I'm guessing that when the A stock finally bows out, there will be
enthusiast interest in a farewell tour. But can the A stock venture onto any
non-Met metals? For example,...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 10, 12:58 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Chris Read
Taxis and the congestion charge

"Mike Hughes" wrote:

Chris Read writes:

It is demonstrably the case that 'black' cabs contribute significantly to
congestion within central London.

Is it...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 10, 09:27 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Chris Read
Taxis and the congestion charge

It is demonstrably the case that 'black' cabs contribute significantly to
congestion within central London.

Therefore, why are they exempt from the congestion charge? I know taxi
drivers have lots...
Forum: London Transport June 19th 10, 06:40 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris Read
Holborn terminators

"D7666" wrote:

AFAIK none of MAA HOL or LIS have booked timetabled reversers - all
are emergency turn back locations.

Liverpool Street had timetabled reversers until...
Forum: London Transport May 2nd 10, 07:26 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Chris Read
A cut!

"Tom Barry" wrote:

The days of living beyond our means, both in London and nationally, are
drawing to a close. Although you wouldn't think that...
Forum: London Transport May 2nd 10, 01:13 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Chris Read
A cut!

"Paul Corfield" wrote:

However we are clearly not in the halcyon days of about 7-8 years ago when
considerable
improvement was being made.

The days of living beyond our...
Forum: London Transport May 2nd 10, 12:02 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Chris Read
A cut!

TfL have just posted details of bus service changes for May, at:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/livetravelnews/realtime/buses/bus-service-changes.pdf

Scroll down to page 8, and note that (after the...
Forum: London Transport December 24th 09, 09:08 PM
Replies: 52
Posted By Chris Read
Boris Magic Wonder Bus builder announced

"Paul Corfield" wrote:

Which buses operated the 24 in the Grey Green era? I seem to recall those
had an unconventionally positioned engine, as the...
Forum: London Transport December 24th 09, 07:26 PM
Replies: 52
Posted By Chris Read
Boris Magic Wonder Bus builder announced

"Paul Corfield" wrote:

Still they may actually exhume the remains of the Volvo Ailsa and have
the engine [1] at the front :-)

Which buses operated the 24 in the Grey Green...
Forum: London Transport December 17th 09, 07:23 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Chris Read
205 overcrowding

Has the PVR been reduced when the 205 was re-tendered? It was always
a busy route, but it seems to have got far worse since ELBG took...
Forum: London Transport November 9th 09, 07:15 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris Read
38 debendification imminent

"Neil Williams" wrote:

Having been working near Tower Bridge and having walked from Aldwych
to there every day last week, it is quite noticeable that there is
Forum: London Transport November 9th 09, 07:07 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris Read
38 debendification imminent

"David Cantrell" wrote:

38 frequently turns short of its destination right now, so maybe
actually putting that in the timetable will make the service more
Forum: London Transport October 28th 09, 07:51 PM
Replies: 128
Posted By Chris Read
West London Line - what recession?

"Paul Terry" wrote:

Allowing pensioners who live in £500k houses, with £100k plus in
the bank, totally free travel, whilst charging full rate to a...
Forum: London Transport October 27th 09, 09:37 PM
Replies: 128
Posted By Chris Read
West London Line - what recession?

"E27002" wrote:

London's costs, including transit fares, are a factor in making London
and unattractive metropolis in which to do business.

Really? People won't do business...
Forum: London Transport October 27th 09, 07:59 PM
Replies: 128
Posted By Chris Read
West London Line - what recession?

"Paul Corfield" wrote:

My main comment here is "hands off decent evening bus frequencies". The
problem with taking an axe to things like this is that you remove an
Forum: London Transport October 27th 09, 07:04 PM
Replies: 128
Posted By Chris Read
West London Line - what recession?

"Paul Corfield" wrote:

While I am sure that you could notionally allocate a level of revenue to
a route and then set it against the tendered cost of operation I am not
Forum: London Transport October 25th 09, 01:08 PM
Replies: 128
Posted By Chris Read
West London Line - what recession?

After a spell on the NLL sampling a 378 yesterday, I headed towards home via
Willesden Junction and the West London Line.

(Incidentally, I was very impressed with the Gospel Oak - where I boarded...
Forum: London Transport September 13th 09, 01:42 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Chris Read
London - Looks Like Fares Going Up

"Paul Corfield" wrote:

While I understand the desire to make a political point on this issue I
really think they are all being
disingenuous by hinting that if they were in power that "of...
Forum: London Transport August 29th 09, 01:55 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Chris Read
East London Line replacement bus ELC to be withdrawn?

"Paul Corfield" wrote:

It's also evident from an initial "leak" in the Standard about the
London Assembly investigation into closures and rail replacement that
people...
Forum: London Transport August 27th 09, 08:04 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Read
Email from TfL

"plcd1" wrote:

"Chris Read" wrote:

* But would quite like to, so I can keep a rolling check on service
changes.
Will have to see if this is...
Forum: London Transport August 26th 09, 06:32 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris Read
Waterloo Bus Garage

Who has the job of parking buses in garages? Is it generally the
responsibility of the driver who brings the bus in, or are shunters employed
for this purpose?

Anyone who has to reverse-park...
Forum: London Transport August 26th 09, 05:14 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Read
Email from TfL

"Mizter T" wrote:

By the by, you speak of the route being 'de-Arrowed' - is the "Red
Arrow" name being laid to rest then, and if so why I wonder?

Yes, apparently. Not sure...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 159

Forum Jump