Showing results 1 to 25 of 156
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Levine
Forum: London Transport November 5th 17, 08:15 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By John Levine
Does a Metro anywhere have a first class section?

In article ,
Does any city's mass transit have a first class section? India's
Supreme Court weighs the issue of a...
Forum: London Transport October 24th 17, 04:40 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By John Levine
Crossrail transition

In article ,
acceptance. Being able to use bank cards will likely appeal to a large
proportion of their regular...
Forum: London Transport September 1st 17, 12:23 PM
Replies: 58
Posted By John Levine
Oyster and Contactless on NR

I wonder if an alert goes off if a denied card has been used recently and
the person could still be on the bus. Or whether for...
Forum: London Transport August 28th 17, 07:06 PM
Replies: 58
Posted By John Levine
London Oyster and Contactless on NR

In article ,
I have a visitor arriving at Heathrow from the USA next week, and it'll
be interesting to see if his credit...
Forum: London Transport July 6th 17, 08:19 PM
Replies: 140
Posted By John Levine
Crossrail access to Heathrow still not settled

In article ,
tim... wrote:
The statement:

"most people changing terminals would use the airside buses" implies
"most people with a need to...
Forum: London Transport July 5th 17, 08:52 PM
Replies: 140
Posted By John Levine
Among the terminals, was Crossrail access to Heathrow still not settled

In article ,
Do many people use the train just to get between terminals, as opposed
to continuing on or changing to another...
Forum: London Transport July 5th 17, 07:04 PM
Replies: 140
Posted By John Levine
Crossrail access to Heathrow still not settled

In article ,
Of course, the system can be smart enough not to charge...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 17, 06:17 PM
Replies: 140
Posted By John Levine
Crossrail access to Heathrow still not settled

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
On train ticket inspection? I infrequently travel on HEx but last time
I did my ticket was checked.

I'm...
Forum: London Transport May 28th 17, 09:32 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By John Levine
BA IT collapse -- what effect on ttains?

In article ,
wrote:
I can't help but wonder if this was a targetted virus attack of some sort.

I doubt it. History...
Forum: London Transport May 27th 17, 08:21 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By John Levine
60+ London Oyster photocard.

In article ,
Well, I've had my 60+ card for two weeks now. Has it changed my travel patterns? Have I spent...
Forum: London Transport May 22nd 17, 04:48 PM
Replies: 140
Posted By John Levine
Crossrail access to Heathrow still not settled

In article ,
No. But I wonder how many HEx pax use First anyway? The...
Forum: London Transport April 9th 17, 01:42 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By John Levine
Game Changer?

In article ,
In message , at 10:13:10 on
Sun, 9 Apr 2017, e27002 aurora...
Forum: London Transport April 3rd 17, 01:06 AM
Replies: 80
Posted By John Levine
Top three transport things to do

and the Boston MBTA transit
blue line switches near Logan Airport.

I think that changeover on the T happens when the train is berthed at
the station, whereas trains on the New Haven do it...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 17, 09:26 PM
Replies: 80
Posted By John Levine
Top three transport things to do

Speaking of peculiar, London has four places where trains switch between
overhead and third rail, namely Acton Central, Mitre Bridge, Drayton
Park and Farringdon/City Thameslink. I have no idea...
Forum: London Transport March 25th 17, 08:37 PM
Replies: 73
Posted By John Levine
Heathrow T5 Transit photos

Probably because the same equipment runs outside in other places. The
Dallas-Fort Worth system is elevated,

I'm pretty sure the original one was like a roller-coaster, at or below
ground...
Forum: London Transport March 25th 17, 01:10 AM
Replies: 73
Posted By John Levine
Heathrow T5 Transit photos

In article ,
Thanks. I wonder why they have head and tail...
Forum: London Transport March 25th 17, 12:38 AM
Replies: 73
Posted By John Levine
Heathrow T5 Transit photos

In article ,
Recliner wrote on 24 Mar 2017 at 13:11 ...
For anyone who's interested,...
Forum: London Transport January 23rd 17, 08:39 PM
Replies: 273
Posted By John Levine
Gatwick airport overbridge

They eventually got wise to it, however. Thus, whenever IRIS failed to
recognise somebody, they would simply say the equivalent of:

"That's your fault. Get to the back of the queue, you...
Forum: London Transport January 23rd 17, 08:36 PM
Replies: 273
Posted By John Levine
Gatwick airport overbridge

In article ,
The only two times I've been to India I had in effect a United Nations
"diplomatic visa", so wouldn't...
Forum: London Transport January 20th 17, 05:08 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By John Levine
The next doomed Stansted NYC business jet

I'm surprised a 737 can fly for 7 hours without refueling. What ****ty budget
airline was dishing them up for long haul? Let us know so we can avoid...
Forum: London Transport January 19th 17, 05:31 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By John Levine
The next doomed Stansted NYC business jet

I'm surprised a 737 can fly for 7 hours without refueling. What ****ty budget
airline was dishing them up for long haul? Let us know so we can avoid it.

It's the 737-700ER, with a range of 5,630...
Forum: London Transport January 18th 17, 07:02 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By John Levine
The next doomed Stansted NYC business jet

A packed business jet will be less comfortable than a commercial flight.

if that is the case I don't see the selling point

If they fly to Westchester and the actual goal is, say,...
Forum: London Transport January 17th 17, 09:53 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By John Levine
The next doomed Stansted NYC business jet

https://50skyshades.com/news/business-aviation/bliss-jet-to-launch-laguardia-to-london-private-jet-service-in-january

This looks like the next dead cert failure.

This looks like...
Forum: London Transport January 17th 17, 06:58 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By John Levine
Old Oyster card

In article ,
wrote:
I still have an Oyster card i bought in 2010 is it still good?

It should...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 156

Forum Jump