Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: martin j
Forum: London Transport May 25th 12, 06:24 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By martin j
Why are some fares defined and others not?

Due to Southern cancellations used Tulse Hill rather than my normal Streatham Hill, from Canary Wharf, via Canada Water. Asked for a...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 12, 06:22 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By martin j
Why are some fares defined and others not?

Due to Southern cancellations used Tulse Hill rather than my normal Streatham Hill, from Canary Wharf, via Canada Water. Asked for a refund after being charged £2.00 exiting Tulse Hill and TfL...
Forum: London Transport April 15th 12, 06:06 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By martin j
Borough High Street closed northbound

Typical! Only bloody warning was when you see the bus up ahead divert to the right. No...
Forum: London Transport April 15th 12, 01:47 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By martin j
Borough High Street closed northbound

Typical! Only bloody warning was when you see the bus up ahead divert to the right. No signs at Borough Tube station junction, which have been useful. TfL map did not show this a red symbol, even...
Forum: London Transport November 7th 11, 08:32 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By martin j
When should I touch in and out

Touching the pink validator at Canada Water did the trick,
Thanks,
Martin J.
Forum: London Transport November 5th 11, 01:00 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By martin j
When should I touch in and out

Thanks all very much.
Since my ticket is Z23 I'll try on Monday onwards same journey as described inbound and return, touching the validator at Canada Water when changing to ELL,

Martin J
Forum: London Transport November 4th 11, 06:35 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By martin j
When should I touch in and out

Thanks Chaps.
My station is Streatham Hill, so my Underground part is just to Canada Water, then Overground journey to Crystal Place or Sydenham and change to National Rail.
What's the suggested...
Forum: London Transport November 4th 11, 03:26 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By martin j
When should I touch in and out

Hi there,
New Travelcard regime of only zones 2 and 3 for a normal journey from south London zone 3 to Canary Wharf via Canada Water and NOT via London Bridge has not worked out. Got charged £1.90...
Forum: London Transport October 20th 11, 07:28 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By martin j
Zones 1, 2 and 3 or just 2 and 3 and PAYG

Thanks very much to both of you.
Since it'll be the Tfl rate and mostly starting by 06:15, then I think I'll try the zone 2 and 3 only and pay the diff as PAYG Oyster and see how things even out this...
Forum: London Transport October 20th 11, 03:35 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By martin j
Zones 1, 2 and 3 or just 2 and 3 and PAYG

Hi there.
Coming up to Travelcard renewal time and this year since my journey has pretty neatly settled down to zone 3 south London to Canary Wharf, via Crystal Palace and Canada Water, I don't think...
Forum: London Transport February 18th 11, 08:45 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By martin j
Oyster season ticket vs. PAYG

A few years ago someone developed a website that worked out if it was
cheaper for someone to have an annual travelcard or to use...
Forum: London Transport March 26th 10, 09:54 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By martin j
Patchy coverage for Oyster topups in South London

My wife recently had the experience at Streatham Hill station where
the new Oyster compatible ticket machine was out of order (as are many
on various Southern stations), she needed to do a topup and...
Forum: London Transport January 11th 10, 08:10 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By martin j
What's with the no Thameslink services today?

On 11 Jan, 21:06, "
On 11.01.10 14:09, martin j wrote: A guy at Streatham station got a spiel from the Help Point about how
the rolling...
Forum: London Transport January 11th 10, 01:09 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By martin j
What's with the no Thameslink services today?

A guy at Streatham station got a spiel from the Help Point about how
the rolling stock is so old the couplings are frozen and hecne can't
be got out of the depot.
Is this total crap?

Martin J.
Forum: London Transport December 3rd 09, 06:34 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By martin j
New central conductor rail - Stockwell

On 3 Dec, 17:50, Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 09:14:58 -0800 (PST), martin j

Just noticed this morning a new section of rail which...
Forum: London Transport December 3rd 09, 04:14 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By martin j
New central conductor rail - Stockwell

Just noticed this morning a new section of rail which looked like it
might not be made of standard railway line steel.
Are they steel or something else which conduct better, since they
don't have to...
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 09, 06:43 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By martin j
City Thameslink overhead wires

Don't go through here very much these days, but noticed today what
looked to be quite new installation of overhead wires. Guess this is
all to do with Thameslink 2000, but how long and does this...
Forum: London Transport September 22nd 09, 05:15 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By martin j
How do you get TfL journey planner to work for cycles

Daughter wanted to get to Marylebone from South London with cycle and
heavy rucksack,so riding whole way not really an option. Couldn't get
the options on journey planner to show us what alternatives...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Forum Jump