Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Keerde
Forum: London Transport September 7th 10, 09:08 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Keerde
Blitz experience tours of Aldwych Underground station

To mark the 70th anniversary of the Blitz and the Battle of Britain, Londoners and visitors are being offered a unique opportunity to descend into a disused Underground station and experience...
Forum: London Transport May 5th 10, 12:52 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Keerde
[QUOTE Zingo Where can I get a tube map where...

[QUOTE Zingo

Where can I get a tube map where you can see all the bends and turns?]

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/clivebillson/tube/tube.html#1889

This is a good website to show some early...
Forum: London Transport February 15th 10, 09:39 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Keerde
I've included the plans of the platforms and...

I've included the plans of the platforms and passageways from 1904 to the lift & staircase for the GN & C, but no sign of any extra passageway from the door, even on a later plan from around 1950...
Forum: London Transport February 7th 10, 03:11 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Keerde
The only other island platform on the network was...

The only other island platform on the network was the disused King William Street, which converted to an island platform in 1895, before finally closing in 1900.
Forum: London Transport February 6th 10, 11:49 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Keerde
Although I think such a picture is as rare as...

Although I think such a picture is as rare as hen's teeth, I did find a plan of the City and South London station at Euston in the National Archives that shows the layout of the station above and...
Forum: London Transport January 10th 10, 07:52 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Keerde
[Given that page's walk is the original...

[Given that page's walk is the original connection between the district
and the bakerloo, how did passengers get from the substation entrance
(on the bakerloo side) to the arched doorway - presumably...
Forum: London Transport October 4th 09, 04:34 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Keerde
Hi, I know this is an old link, but I have copies...

Hi, I know this is an old link, but I have copies of the station plans for the City & South London Moorgate station, so I'll Explain them through to you.
The PLatforms Go North to South, from 12...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Forum Jump