Old May 5th 10, 12:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Where can I get the old tube map?

Where can I get a tube map where you can see all the bends and turns?

--
Zingo
Forum for Londoners: http://hippocribs.com

Old May 5th 10, 01:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 05/05/2010 01:55, Zingo wrote:
Where can I get a tube map where you can see all the bends and turns?

I found one in my washing machine.
Old May 5th 10, 01:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 5 Maj, 02:14, Basil Jet wrote:
I found one in my washing machine.

Great! Do you have s scanner?
Old May 5th 10, 01:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 05/05/2010 02:45, Zingo wrote:
On 5 Maj, 02:14, Basil wrote:
I found one in my washing machine.

Great! Do you have s scanner?

Yes, but it would be easier for you to put a tube map in your own
washing machine.
Old May 5th 10, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Zingo" wrote in message
Where can I get a tube map where you can see all the bends and turns?

This sort of thing?

http://kottkegae.appspot.com/images/tubegeo.gif

Googling 'geographic london tube map' worked for me...

Paul S

Old May 5th 10, 11:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 5 May, 10:22, "Paul Scott" wrote:
This sort of thing?

http://kottkegae.appspot.com/images/tubegeo.gif

Googling 'geographic london tube map' worked for me...

Be aware, though, Zingo, that this and most (all?) other similar maps
available tend to link the correctly positioned station marks with "a
curve", regardless of the actual shape the tracks take. A good
example here is Ealing Broadway, where the District should run north a
bit before joining the Piccadilly route and *then* crossing the
Central line and diving south to Ealing Common.

For the surface bits, overlaying the OS map on Multimap may give the
detail you want (depending on level of accuracy required).

PhilD

Old May 5th 10, 12:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 4 May 2010 17:55:27 -0700 (PDT), Zingo
wrote:

Where can I get a tube map where you can see all the bends and turns?

Silly thought perhaps, but the (free) TFL London bus maps are
geographic & incorporate London's passenger railway network.

You'd need all 5 maps, & they are quite large when unfolded, but all
the info you'd need is there.

DC
Old May 5th 10, 12:52 PM
Junior Member

[QUOTE Zingo

Where can I get a tube map where you can see all the bends and turns?]

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/clivebi...tube.html#1889

This is a good website to show some early underground maps.
Old May 6th 10, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"PhilD" wrote in message

On 5 May, 10:22, "Paul Scott" wrote:
This sort of thing?

http://kottkegae.appspot.com/images/tubegeo.gif

Googling 'geographic london tube map' worked for me...

Be aware, though, Zingo, that this and most (all?) other similar maps
available tend to link the correctly positioned station marks with "a
curve", regardless of the actual shape the tracks take. A good
example here is Ealing Broadway, where the District should run north a
bit before joining the Piccadilly route and *then* crossing the
Central line and diving south to Ealing Common.

Yes, that's a good example. Another in the same area is the way that
Chiswick Park station is shown as being some distrance south of the
Piccadilly Line, whereas the Picc tracks are actually between the
District tracks all the way from Barons Court to Acton Town.

Old May 8th 10, 08:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, at
04:28:41 on Wed, 5 May 2010, PhilD remarked:

Google maps gets it spectacularly wrong: http://tinyurl.com/3xt2cke