Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gerard McGovern
Forum: London Transport November 5th 03, 08:05 AM
Replies: 38
Posted By Gerard McGovern
Heathrow T4 to close

In case you hadn't notice, they started building T5 a long while back.
It's
nonsense.

No it isn't - there's going to be a closure for creating the tube branch
to T5.

Ah, I didn't see...
Forum: London Transport November 4th 03, 01:35 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Gerard McGovern
Heathrow T4 to close

I heard a rumour (yeah, I know..) that Heathrow T4 tube will close before
the end of the year, as work then begins on T5. Is this true? Anyone know
anymore on this or have i been...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 03, 02:33 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Gerard McGovern
Tube passing expensive houses

I was thinking of people could come up with examples of where the
underground is in close proximity to very expensive houses? One I can
think of is when the Northern Line comes overground just...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 03, 08:46 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Gerard McGovern
Shepherd's Bush on the Central Line - another platform?

For the first time ever I entered the Central Line at Shepherd's Bush. Just
before I went down the last set of stairs to the platform, I saw a closed
exit and what looked like a tunnel going across a...
Forum: London Transport August 23rd 03, 03:13 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Gerard McGovern
Skaters on the road

Well that would still be covered by the one long vehicle rule

There is no such rule in law. A body of skaters is not a vehicle. You
are
merely following advice from the police on how to...
Forum: London Transport August 23rd 03, 03:09 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Gerard McGovern
Skaters on the road

What advice is given to the skaters when they encounter traffic ahead
going
in the same direction? Do they slow down and wait behind it, going at its
speed, or do the individual skaters break...
Forum: London Transport August 22nd 03, 05:42 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Gerard McGovern
Skaters on the road

And this is exactly why skating is not viable alternative to the car.

And a car isn't a viable alternative when you have to travel thousands of
miles in one go. Your point?

Forum: London Transport August 22nd 03, 03:25 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Gerard McGovern
Skaters on the road

Is the skate collectively insured for third party risks, e.g a pedestrian
getting run down by skaters when crossing the road with the "green man"
showing?

Well that would still be covered by...
Forum: London Transport August 22nd 03, 02:41 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Gerard McGovern
Skaters on the road

Why exactly do they have to skate on the road? Apart from being able to
be smug in the fact they are causing disruption to us ordinary folk just
trying to get on with our lives.

I think the...
Forum: London Transport August 22nd 03, 02:40 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Gerard McGovern
Skaters on the road

As far as skating through red lights, my understanding is that the
marshals have been advised by the police to treat the whole skate as a
single vehicle. Therefore, if the front of the skate...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Forum Jump