Showing results 1 to 25 of 107
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JNugent
Forum: London Transport September 26th 04, 10:36 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By JNugent
Cul-de-sacking

David Splett wrote:

"JNugent" wrote:

[ ... ]

Sounds a bit of a strawman, since the definition of "large numbers"
is not given (and not likely to be...
Forum: London Transport September 26th 04, 06:40 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By JNugent
Cul-de-sacking

David Splett wrote:

"Dan Holdsworth" wrote:

Just because people are using roads for their intended purpose is no
reason to get upset.

In the case of a...
Forum: London Transport September 5th 04, 11:54 AM
Replies: 87
Posted By JNugent
Unenforceable banned right turn in Highgate London

Brimstone wrote:

Joanne wrote:
John Rowland says...

Hi all,.
At the north end of South Grove in Highgate, North London, are
no-entry signs with text beneath reading "No Entry...

Forum: London Transport August 23rd 04, 12:12 AM
Replies: 41
Posted By JNugent
Lack of road markings in Kensington & Chelsea

David Hansen wrote:

"PeterE" wrote...

Relatively few roads have white lines along the side of the
carriageway. These are normally rural primary routes,
Forum: London Transport August 11th 04, 05:11 PM
Replies: 111
Posted By JNugent
Many Birds with One Stone

Annabel Smyth wrote:

Have you figures to back this up? In my experience, taxi's are often
used for multiple occupancy,...
Forum: London Transport August 10th 04, 03:39 PM
Replies: 111
Posted By JNugent
Many Birds with One Stone

Paul Weaver wrote:

"Gawnsoft" wrote:

"Stephen Sprunk"

The cost of drivers will destroy any savings the taxibuses have
over other...
Forum: London Transport July 19th 04, 04:45 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By JNugent
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Annabel Smyth wrote:

GErman Autobahns seem to throw that out of the window. Sure you
can't design a road for "no speed whatsoever", but theres no...
Forum: London Transport July 19th 04, 07:53 AM
Replies: 184
Posted By JNugent
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Richard J. wrote:

JNugent wrote:

The Chiswick section of M4 was designed and built to be
operated at no speed limit whatsoever - though it had the
national 70 limit imposed soon after...
Forum: London Transport July 19th 04, 12:03 AM
Replies: 184
Posted By JNugent
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Velvet wrote:

All snipped.

....because you have no effective counter to any of it.

J Nugent, you clearly won't listen to reason

....by which you arrogantly mean I won't accept your arguments...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 04, 09:13 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By JNugent
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Paul Terry wrote:

Richard J. writes:

... it's obvious that the
first bend on the M4 going west was designed to a lower standard.

If you mean the Chiswick...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 04, 01:38 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By JNugent
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Velvet wrote:

JNugent wrote:
Velvet wrote:

[ ... ]

... If you want to discredit speed
limits, then give examples of where they're set too low or too
high, rather than...

Forum: London Transport July 17th 04, 01:40 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By JNugent
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:

[ ... ]

... If you want to discredit speed
limits, then give examples of where they're set too low or too high,
rather than criticising signing policy.

How about...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 04, 05:14 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By JNugent
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

[ ... ]

...actually ABS doesn't really affect stopping distances. It allows
you to steer while braking.

I think it does - it certainly helps prevent skidding in...
Forum: London Transport June 19th 04, 12:02 PM
Replies: 184
Posted By JNugent
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Annabel Smyth wrote:

[ ... ]

..... if you go to St-Omer from the Tunnel
via the N road, not the motorway, you used to go through a village
(now, happily, bypassed) which had no fewer than 9...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 04, 06:40 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By JNugent
Green Party lunacy

Alan O'Brien wrote:

"BrianW" wrote:

I was a regular commuting cyclist for many years (Poynton to
Manchester University before you ask - 22 miles return journey). I
Forum: London Transport April 1st 04, 06:35 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By JNugent
Green Party lunacy

Nick Finnigan wrote:

"Jim Higgons" wrote:

None of this alters the fact that almost all accidents involving
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 04, 02:02 PM
Replies: 126
Posted By JNugent
Massive Airport expansion announced

G Crozier wrote...

(Aidan Stanger) wrote:

G Crozier wrote:

Personally, I'd like...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 04, 03:08 PM
Replies: 95
Posted By JNugent
we'll all drown!!

DavidR wrote...

"Nigel Pendse" wrote

Just think of a car door. My first few cars had no electric motors or
wiring in the...
Forum: London Transport December 30th 03, 07:51 AM
Replies: 95
Posted By JNugent
we'll all drown!!

Mark W s@o wrote...

"Stimpy" wrote:

Mark W wrote:

So there's no alternative to the infernal combustion...
Forum: London Transport December 26th 03, 10:10 PM
Replies: 360
Posted By JNugent
reducing congestion

Cast_Iron wrote in message

JNugent wrote:

Cast_Iron wrote:

Forum: London Transport December 26th 03, 08:36 PM
Replies: 360
Posted By JNugent
reducing congestion

Cast_Iron wrote in message

... Tax all income at the same base
%, rich or poor; and abolish all...
Forum: London Transport December 26th 03, 11:42 AM
Replies: 360
Posted By JNugent
reducing congestion

wrote:

JNugent wrote:

A. Who is "Robin"?

Robin May.

OK.
Forum: London Transport December 26th 03, 10:29 AM
Replies: 360
Posted By JNugent
reducing congestion

wrote:

JNugent wrote:

The previous question was "Are you suggesting that there are open
fields within that area?" ("that area" being a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 107

Forum Jump