Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Billy
Forum: London Transport February 21st 04, 12:52 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Billy
Routemasters in Parliament.

Hmmmmmmm.....Maybe I should have left out the Lords an Ladies
bit.........Now it looks more like it could end up as..."Be upstanding in
Court !!"
Forum: London Transport February 20th 04, 12:10 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Billy
Routemasters in Parliament.

My Lords,Ladies and Gentlemen...Pray silence for the following motion
submitted to the Commons on 21st Jan 2004.
"That this house disagrees with the decision of the Mayor of London to
phase out this...
Forum: London Transport December 1st 03, 01:11 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Billy
Route 73 to be converted to Bendi Bus

Yes Colin this IS indeed a unique advantage but it is also one of the many
reasons for TfL`s insistance on retiring the breed.
The Routemaster remains a unique concept which rather than becoming...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 03, 11:49 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Billy
Route 73 to be converted to Bendi Bus

David B...My only experience of the French systems are in Paris on the RATP
and slightly OT in Brussels and Charleroi a Belge.
The RATP does accept Cash-to- Driver transactions,BUT it will...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 03, 11:07 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Billy
Route 73 to be converted to Bendi Bus

Yes David,but only if they are operating under the Cashless 3 Door Boarding
system.
My point is that if the Citaro is operated on the same system as a
Routemaster,ie:cash Fares collected then the...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 03, 10:52 AM
Replies: 32
Posted By Billy
Route 73 to be converted to Bendi Bus

I suspect Bluestars point is the omission from your list of (k).....
A somewhat unhealthy prediliction for the Articulated Bus products of
Mercedes Benz Gmbh coupled with,
(l) A suspicious reluctance...
Forum: London Transport November 18th 03, 09:18 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By Billy
Security of Oyster Cards

This thread is filling me with dread,Judge.
Over here in Ireland we have recently had a gent called Mr Churcher writing
to the papers about his involvement in a "New Integrated Ticketing" system
for...
Forum: London Transport November 9th 03, 10:18 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Billy
Good Riddance to Connex

ConneX have just signed a Single Union deal with SIPTU (Irelands largest
Trades Union) to cover Tram Drivers on Dublins shiny new LUAS LRT system due
to begin operations next summer.
The terms of the...
Forum: London Transport November 2nd 03, 01:17 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Billy
Where have all the RMs gone?

Yes indeed folks,it seems that Gerry owes quite a debt of gratitude to Sir
Arthur (Bomber) Harris.
I rather suspect that "Bomber" had no idea that his policies would leave the
remanants of the Reich...
Forum: London Transport September 5th 03, 05:28 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Billy
We Underground London

How about using the income to keep the TfL Routemaster refurbishment
programme going........That would allow thousands of Citizens to keep fit by
jumping on/off the Rooties platform in perpetuiity
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Forum Jump