Showing results 1 to 25 of 187
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lüko Willms[_2_]
Forum: London Transport February 17th 12, 12:43 PM
Replies: 107
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
German fare dodgers cause headache for public transportoperators- The Guardian

Am 15.02.2012 23:03, schrieb Colin Youngs:

: queuing in a line, you take a number from a machine for the type of
: service that you require and approach a counter when your number is
: ...
Forum: London Transport February 13th 12, 09:05 PM
Replies: 107
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
German fare dodgers cause headache for public transportoperators- The Guardian

Am 13.02.2012 22:32, schrieb Bruce:
what is meant by "post office queueing" in this context?

The Royal Mail has undertaken a redesign of its branches. Instead of
queuing in a line, you...
Forum: London Transport February 13th 12, 09:03 AM
Replies: 107
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
German fare dodgers cause headache for public transportoperators- The Guardian

Am 13.02.2012 08:52, schrieb Arthur Figgis:
unsure whether they are adopting post office queueing or not

what is meant by "post office queueing" in this context?

Cheers,
L.W.
Forum: London Transport February 7th 12, 10:27 AM
Replies: 107
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
German fare dodgers cause headache for public transport operators- The Guardian

Am 03.02.2012 13:06, schrieb Neil Williams:
the VDV,
which is demanding harsher punishments for fare dodgers: an increase
in on-the-spot fines from €40 to €60 (Ł50), and €120 for...
Forum: London Transport February 7th 12, 10:13 AM
Replies: 107
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
German fare dodgers cause headache for public transport operators- The Guardian

Am 06.02.2012 12:34, schrieb Neil Williams:
You could turn that round and say that 96.5% of journeys are paid for.
Given the (apparent) low levels of inspection, that seems pretty high to
Forum: London Transport February 6th 12, 08:26 AM
Replies: 107
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
German fare dodgers cause headache for public transport operators- The Guardian

About 3.5% of journeys on German public transport are not paid for,

Forum: London Transport February 5th 12, 10:31 AM
Replies: 107
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
German fare dodgers cause headache for public transportoperators- The Guardian

Am 05.02.2012 00:31, schrieb Arthur Figgis:
I was in Mannheim (or was it Heidelberg?) last year, and some old bloke
was shouting "denken Sie an die Kinder" (or whatever) at anyone who
crossed...
Forum: London Transport January 18th 12, 08:11 PM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 18.01.2012 22:01, schrieb Arthur Figgis:

While it is more relevant to a small open access operator than a great
big S-bahn, presumably you could in principle outsource maintenance to
Forum: London Transport January 16th 12, 11:08 AM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 16.01.2012 01:21, schrieb :
What about the wayside signals and redundant systems, however?

I don't know.

Cheers,
L.W:
Forum: London Transport January 15th 12, 10:37 PM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 16.01.2012 00:24, schrieb :
did the signal and safety systems on the Berlin U-Bahn remain the same
throughout the city's division or did they grow apart during those 28
Forum: London Transport January 15th 12, 09:21 PM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 15.01.2012 19:39, schrieb :
I ask, because I noticed that some tracks simply stopped short of the
border, literally cut, when I visited Berlin in 1999,

was that...
Forum: London Transport January 15th 12, 04:22 PM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 14.01.2012 14:47, schrieb :
Lastly, as East Germany was part of the Eastern bloc, why did they not
eventually operate Soviet-built metro cars?

There were enough...

Forum: London Transport January 11th 12, 10:42 PM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 11.01.2012 22:40, schrieb Colin Youngs:

However, I was more than a little suspicious the second time it happened.
It did not seem to me that an "ordinary citizen" would want to engage in a
Forum: London Transport January 11th 12, 07:32 PM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 11.01.2012 19:41, schrieb Wolfgang Schwanke:
The now U2 was also extended unto Pankow-Vinetastraße.
No that extension was from 1930,

I stand corrected. Sorry...

Cheers,
L.W.
Forum: London Transport January 11th 12, 07:42 AM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 11.01.2012 00:57, schrieb :

the U-Bahn that was in East Berlin when the city was divided.

I am interested in knowing about its operations, who the operating
authority...
Forum: London Transport January 10th 12, 04:44 PM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 10.01.2012 18:38, schrieb Alistair Gunn:

Though I imagine you're far more familiar with SED PR material than I.

As you are with gossip about the Windsor familiy ... Thing is, that I
happen...
Forum: London Transport January 10th 12, 04:01 PM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 10.01.2012 17:58, schrieb Alistair Gunn:

Noone*has* to cross any border ...

Quoted from an SED press release?
Forum: London Transport January 10th 12, 07:22 AM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 09.01.2012 23:59, schrieb Wolfgang Schwanke:
I wonder where I can find any information specifically about the East
Berlin U-Bhan, such as its history, operations and development.

The...
Forum: London Transport January 10th 12, 07:10 AM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 10.01.2012 00:01, schrieb Colin Youngs:
During that day trip, I was twice approached in the street in East Berlin by
"agents provocateurs" asking me to exchange DDR-Mark for DM.

What made...
Forum: London Transport January 9th 12, 09:42 PM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 09.01.2012 18:46, schrieb Paul Rigg:
Yes he means Checkpoint Charlie. The DDR referred to their border
crossing as Ubergangstelle Friedrichstrasse Zimmerstrasse and it was
only available to...
Forum: London Transport January 9th 12, 09:34 PM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 09.01.2012 18:44, schrieb Graham Nye:
I see you've given up any pretence of providing examples to demonstrate
your claim that:

Under capitalist rule, you will find that most state...
Forum: London Transport January 9th 12, 09:32 PM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 09.01.2012 22:23, schrieb :
Westberlin citizens (this was in the late 1960ies).

But they would use West German passports to travel further afield, would
they...
Forum: London Transport January 9th 12, 09:22 PM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 09.01.2012 23:11, schrieb Colin Youngs:

If I remember correctly, it was also compulsory to exchange a certain sum in
West German marks for East German currency - I forget exactly how much.

Forum: London Transport January 9th 12, 09:20 PM
Replies: 643
Posted By Lüko Willms[_2_]
Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 09.01.2012 22:29, schrieb :
What were the stipulations when West Germans or individuals from Western
countries crossed into East Berlin? By this, I mean could they only...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 187

Forum Jump