Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Graham J
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 03, 09:24 PM
Replies: 45
Posted By Graham J
Oyster Prepay... now available!

But you cannot use the tickets at any intermediate station as I
understand matters.

This was discussed in another thread and although that is what the TfL
literature says I believe the...
Forum: London Transport November 25th 03, 08:08 AM
Replies: 32
Posted By Graham J
Route 73 to be converted to Bendi Bus

Except mums with pushchairs. And people who can't climb the steps to
the lower saloon. Many of the complaints regarding double deck
low-floor buses related to the early vehicles which had...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 03, 03:23 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By Graham J
Signs at St. James' Park

I missed that programme, but always wondered why the apostrophe was in one
but not the other. Why is Barons Court so named? (Oh, and just to
confuse
matters, the name on the street signs...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 03, 03:10 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By Graham J
Signs at St. James' Park

Anyone who watched 'Grumpy Old Men' a few weeks ago will know that Barons
Court doesn't belong to a Baron, yet Earl's Court belongs to an Earl.

I don't remember the resolution. I just remember...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 03, 10:56 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Graham J
Signs at St. James' Park

St. James' Park is the correct way to show it. St James's Park is
incorrect.
Its like; I'm going to Chris' House, not I'm going to Chris's house

I think this is an area that can cause much...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 03, 09:06 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Graham J
Trains to Moorgate now go via Liverpool Street

I have noticed this scrolling display before at Kings Cross and wondered
how they get away with it when a number of trains turn at Moorgate.

And on a not very related note at all really, I...
Forum: London Transport November 21st 03, 01:11 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Graham J
1.3 % Sign in a London Bus

I wonder what that figure of 1.3% actually *means*. It's a strange way to
specify what is really an angle between the horizontal and the beam. I
presume that 1.3% equates to arctan(1.3/100) or...
Forum: London Transport November 20th 03, 03:42 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Graham J
LT card validity on suburban rail

I've googled the web and this group, looked on TfL's website and asked a
chap at a tube station, but haven't found an answer.

If you go to TfL's website and select Fares and Tickets from the...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 03, 08:29 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Graham J
More troublesome bus drivers-repost

Something odd with the original post on this thread,
Posted using Outlook Express.
It may be read using Agent and Google groups.
But does not appear to OE users.

It was OK for me.

The...
Forum: London Transport November 14th 03, 08:13 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Graham J
Cycle Lockers / parking kensington / museums ?

Does anyone understand the question?

I inferred that the OP wants to visit the museums and would like to
travel by bicycle so is asking if there are any cycle lockers or other
parking facilities...
Forum: London Transport November 12th 03, 02:37 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Graham J
Bus route numbering

Incidentally, I think that the W10, P13 and several of the U routes
in
Uxbridge have had the same fare structure as every other bus in
London since
introduction.

Yes I was going to add to my...
Forum: London Transport November 12th 03, 09:17 AM
Replies: 33
Posted By Graham J
Bus route numbering

Ok , this is a hopeless anoraky question but something I suddenly
wondered
last night... How come most bus routes have a simple number (eg 13,
221) but
some have a letter in them , eg W6. Why...
Forum: London Transport November 5th 03, 12:45 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Graham J
Heathrow T4 to close

.. from Acton Town - Hatton Cross - T4 - T5 and in reverse. and:
.. from Acton Town - Hatton Cross - T123 - T5 and in reverse.

So the 'loop' between T4 and T123 becomes redundant?

I...
Forum: London Transport November 4th 03, 03:32 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Graham J
Heathrow T4 to close

I heard a rumour (yeah, I know..) that Heathrow T4 tube will close
before
the end of the year, as work then begins on T5. Is this true?
Anyone know
anymore on this or have i been...
Forum: London Transport October 31st 03, 07:08 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Graham J
London's Lost Roman Road

http://www.johnchaple.co.uk/romanroad.htm

That is quite an interesting read though the suggestion that people
assume it was built to cross London Bridge is quite puzzling. Even
Wikipedia says it...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Forum Jump