Old December 2nd 03, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Prepay... now available!

Now available online (http://www.oystercard.com/prepay/fares.htm) or
over the phone (0870 849 9999).

Yes, I'm as shocked as anyone else! I'm going to try ordering one online
now...

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old December 2nd 03, 10:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati wrote:
Now available online (http://www.oystercard.com/prepay/fares.htm) or
over the phone (0870 849 9999).

Yes, I'm as shocked as anyone else! I'm going to try ordering one online
now...

So, available to order online now, can be topped up at stations from
15th December, can be used from 5th January on tube/DLR (but not
buses)... but it shows only single ticket prices, not Travelcards?

Old December 2nd 03, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:47:08 GMT, Thunderbug wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:
Now available online (http://www.oystercard.com/prepay/fares.htm) or
over the phone (0870 849 9999).

Yes, I'm as shocked as anyone else! I'm going to try ordering one online
now...

So, available to order online now, can be topped up at stations from
15th December, can be used from 5th January on tube/DLR

What makes you think you can't use prepay now?

David
Old December 2nd 03, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Now available online (http://www.oystercard.com/prepay/fares.htm) or
over the phone (0870 849 9999).

Yes, I'm as shocked as anyone else! I'm going to try ordering one online
now...

So, available to order online now, can be topped up at stations from
15th December, can be used from 5th January on tube/DLR

What makes you think you can't use prepay now?

The line "You can start using Pre Pay from the 5th January, but you can
buy online or over the phone now and avoid the rush" at the bottom of
www.oystercard.com/prepay

Old December 2nd 03, 12:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thunderbug wrote:

Now available online (http://www.oystercard.com/prepay/fares.htm) or
over the phone (0870 849 9999).

Yes, I'm as shocked as anyone else! I'm going to try ordering one online
now...

So, available to order online now, can be topped up at stations from
15th December, can be used from 5th January on tube/DLR

What makes you think you can't use prepay now?

The line "You can start using Pre Pay from the 5th January, but you can
buy online or over the phone now and avoid the rush" at the bottom of
www.oystercard.com/prepay

I ordered mine successfully (needed to get a Photocard first though),
and it says you can't use your credit until 4th January.

I'm a bit disappointed you won't be able to use it on buses straight
away though. I guess they're waiting for conductors on Routemaster
routes to be given hand-held readers, otherwise you'd end up receiving a
free trip.

Another thought I had - is there an Oyster reader at each entrance on a
bendybus?

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old December 2nd 03, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati wrote:
Now available online (http://www.oystercard.com/prepay/fares.htm) or
over the phone (0870 849 9999).

Yes, I'm as shocked as anyone else! I'm going to try ordering one online
now...

So, available to order online now, can be topped up at stations from
15th December, can be used from 5th January on tube/DLR

What makes you think you can't use prepay now?

Purchasing one today says "Your Oyster card should arrive and be ready
for use on or before Sunday, 07 December 2003."

Note the ON or BEFORE apect.

Cheers,

Jason.
Old December 2nd 03, 02:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Jason
writes

Dave Arquati wrote:
Now available online (http://www.oystercard.com/prepay/fares.htm) or
over the phone (0870 849 9999).

Yes, I'm as shocked as anyone else! I'm going to try ordering one online
now...

So, available to order online now, can be topped up at stations from
15th December, can be used from 5th January on tube/DLR

What makes you think you can't use prepay now?

Purchasing one today says "Your Oyster card should arrive and be ready
for use on or before Sunday, 07 December 2003."

Note the ON or BEFORE apect.

Probably a left hand/right hand situation....
--
Kat Frogs have it easy. They can eat what bugs them.

Old December 2nd 03, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , David Walters
writes
Dave Arquati wrote:
Now available online (http://www.oystercard.com/prepay/fares.htm) or
over the phone (0870 849 9999).

Yes, I'm as shocked as anyone else! I'm going to try ordering one online
now...

So, available to order online now, can be topped up at stations from
15th December, can be used from 5th January on tube/DLR

What makes you think you can't use prepay now?

Because you can't! (Unless they've changed the rules since last Friday)
As I've mentioned before, if you load pre-pay now (by accident) you can
either wait until January and use it, or get a refund via CSC
--
Kat Frogs have it easy. They can eat what bugs them.

Old December 2nd 03, 02:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 13:03:37 +0000, Dave Arquati
wrote:

I ordered mine successfully (needed to get a Photocard first though),
and it says you can't use your credit until 4th January.

I'm a bit disappointed you won't be able to use it on buses straight
away though. I guess they're waiting for conductors on Routemaster
routes to be given hand-held readers, otherwise you'd end up receiving a
free trip.

Another thought I had - is there an Oyster reader at each entrance on a
bendybus?

I'd like to know what's going to happen when using WAGN services.
Certain Underground tickets can be used between Seven Sisters,
Tottenham Hale and Walthamstow Central and the intermediate statins.

If there's no reader at one of these National Rail stations, how do
Oyster know the journey has ended and not charge a zone 1-6 fare?

Cheers,

Jason.
Old December 2nd 03, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati wrote:

Now available online (http://www.oystercard.com/prepay/fares.htm) or
over the phone (0870 849 9999).

Yes, I'm as shocked as anyone else! I'm going to try ordering one online
now...

So, available to order online now, can be topped up at stations from
15th December, can be used from 5th January on tube/DLR

What makes you think you can't use prepay now?

Purchasing one today says "Your Oyster card should arrive and be ready
for use on or before Sunday, 07 December 2003."

Note the ON or BEFORE apect.

I think they have forgotten to update that since putting the prepay
ticket on sale today - "be ready for use" must imply the weekly or
longer tickets.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7