Old January 26th 10, 12:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default What Would You Do Women Dressed all in Black?

wrote in message

Since when did the IRA use suicide bombers?

You don't remember them holding on to the grenade and throwing the pin away?

I'll get me coat.....

--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop

Old January 26th 10, 12:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote in message
A full description is required, you may confusing traditionally clothed
muslim women with ninja assassins.

Or Boris, travelling incognito.

--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop

Old January 26th 10, 12:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote in message
news
No **** Sherlock. It may have escaped your attention that it is not
Jewish grandmothers or Catholic nuns who are attacking the citizens of
the UK.

Only because nuns are too busy baring their breasts and getting up to all
sorts of sexual hanky-panky with each other. I know it's true; I've seen the
films (only on video, but that's because it's supposed to be a secret).

Until the people of this country feel satisfied that the "moderate"
muslims are taking a rather more robust attitude by fingering these
extremists in their ranks, then they will remain completely distrusted
and disliked. That's a fact - get over it. The solution lies with
them, not with us.

Do you go to bed thinking about Muslims fingering each other?

--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop

Old January 26th 10, 02:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message
David Hansen wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:08:34 GMT someone who may be
wrote this:-

A full description is required, you may confusing traditionally clothed
muslim women

Such clothing is traditional for women to wear in some areas of the
world.

There is some debate over whether it is religious or cultural. Some
claim it is religious, but others claim it is nothing of the sort. I
am not an Islamic scholar but ISTM that it is more the latter, given
that it is (and has been) only worn in some places, no matter how
predominant Islam is. Non Islamic women are also
"encouraged/persuaded" to wear it in some places, strengthening my
view that it is more cultural than religious.

The subject of such clothing is being hyped by the unacceptable face
of the right wing so I have just one more point to make.

Two other religions also have the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Both of these have passages which can be read in a way that implies
women should be covered up (fairly similar to the ones in Islam if I
understand correctly, passages about modest dress and so on).

Hence my comments about nuns. A nun's habit comes from the same cultural
background as the burka. Islam actually developed from early forms of
Christianity, though not the Roman variety.

However, I have not noticed the unacceptable face of the right wing
having a go at these two religions.

You might want to modify that comment, the right wing indulges in
anti-semitism as much as in islamophobia.

--
Graeme Wall

This address not read, substitute trains for rail
Transport Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail
Photo galleries at http://graeme-wall.fotopic.net/
Old January 26th 10, 02:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message
"Peter Masson" wrote:

"Graeme" wrote

Compartments? That was a long time ago!

Not that long ago - 421s, 423s, etc had some compartments, including
standard class.

Have the 442s retained their compartments after the refurb?

Old January 26th 10, 02:52 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:38:02 +0000
Graeme wrote:
I believe David was referring to the IRA habit of phoning in a warning about
a bomb in one place and then detonating another just where the police were
evacuating people to.

Ah , I didn't realise they did that. Still , nothing those ****s did would
surprise me.

B2003

Old January 26th 10, 03:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 25 Jan, 22:49, SB wrote:
Interesting experience on the Bakelooo Line at the weekend. The
carriage had about 20 people in it, mainly scattered around. At Oxford
Circus two women (sans male escorts) entered one end of the carriage
and sat down. They were dressed all in black - like they do in Iraq /
Iran. They had the real slitty-eyed look. Well quite a few people
looked at them and then at each other and suddenly decided that they
really did not want to be sitting near them, and they moved towards
the other end of the carriage near where I was. Not that that would
have saved them in an emergency. One of two muttered "well you never
know do you?" I got off at Charing Cross, but noticed that by then the
two women had their end of the carriage all to themselves. What would
you have done? SB.

Waited til your face was deep in your copy of the Daily Mail then
punched your nose through it.

AE
Old January 26th 10, 03:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Graeme wrote:
I believe David was referring to the IRA habit of phoning in a
warning about a bomb in one place and then detonating another just
where the police were evacuating people to.

Ah , I didn't realise they did that. Still , nothing those ****s did
would surprise me.

I seem to recall that they sometimes claimed that it was just confusion,
not a deliberate attempt. It's certainly true that their warnings were
often unclear about the target, but that may sometimes have been because
of ignorance/panic/confusion.