Old October 15th 10, 02:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cornish pasty company

I saw a lorry delivering at Victoria yesterday to the Cornish Pasty
Co. The lorry reg began GN09. Now, I don't really care, because I
really like those pasties, but is GN a west country plate?

Old October 15th 10, 02:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

I saw a lorry delivering at Victoria yesterday to the Cornish Pasty Co.
The lorry reg began GN09. Now, I don't really care, because I really
like those pasties, but is GN a west country plate?

G's the mnemonic for Garden of England. Kent, Sussex, Hants.

Doesn't mean the wagon's not based in the West Country, though. It's just
a rough area that the dealer who originally supplied it were located,
based on which DVLA local office they use.
Old October 15th 10, 02:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, at
07:36:18 on Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Offramp remarked:
I saw a lorry delivering at Victoria yesterday to the Cornish Pasty
Co. The lorry reg began GN09. Now, I don't really care, because I
really like those pasties, but is GN a west country plate?

If the pasties have come a long way, it will have been via a
(relatively) local distribution depot.
Old October 15th 10, 03:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ha-haar. An they do all be a-sea-farin counties ha haaar!
Thanks for the answer!
Old October 15th 10, 03:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Adrian" wrote in message
Offramp gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

I saw a lorry delivering at Victoria yesterday to the Cornish Pasty Co.
The lorry reg began GN09. Now, I don't really care, because I really
like those pasties, but is GN a west country plate?

G's the mnemonic for Garden of England. Kent, Sussex, Hants.

Not quite.

G is Kent and Sussex (approximately) issued by the Maidstone and Brighton
area offices,

All Hants area registrations start H, from the Portsmouth area office.

Paul S

Old October 15th 10, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

I saw a lorry delivering at Victoria yesterday to the Cornish Pasty
Co. The lorry reg began GN09. Now, I don't really care, because I
really like those pasties, but is GN a west country plate?

G's the mnemonic for Garden of England. Kent, Sussex, Hants.

Not quite.

G is Kent and Sussex (approximately) issued by the Maidstone and
Brighton area offices,

All Hants area registrations start H, from the Portsmouth area office.

Ah, yes. You're right.
Old October 15th 10, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Adrian" wrote in message
Offramp gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

I saw a lorry delivering at Victoria yesterday to the Cornish Pasty Co.
The lorry reg began GN09. Now, I don't really care, because I really
like those pasties, but is GN a west country plate?

G's the mnemonic for Garden of England. Kent, Sussex, Hants.

Doesn't mean the wagon's not based in the West Country, though. It's just
a rough area that the dealer who originally supplied it were located,
based on which DVLA local office they use.

And as this is utl some of the first "hopper" buses that LT bought ran
around with NI numbers because that is where they came from (you can tell
because they included the letter I which GB numbers don't allow)

tim

Old October 15th 10, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message
, at
07:36:18 on Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Offramp remarked:
I saw a lorry delivering at Victoria yesterday to the Cornish Pasty
Co. The lorry reg began GN09. Now, I don't really care, because I
really like those pasties, but is GN a west country plate?

If the pasties have come a long way,

According to the advertising in the shop the *have" come from Cornwall (each
day)

tim

Old October 15th 10, 04:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"tim...." gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

And as this is utl some of the first "hopper" buses that LT bought ran
around with NI numbers because that is where they came from (you can
tell because they included the letter I which GB numbers don't allow)

Nor'n Iron plates are frequently used as a cheap non-age-related source
of "private plates".
Old October 15th 10, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , tim....
writes

According to the advertising in the shop the *have" come from Cornwall (each
day)

They have a distribution centre near Aylesbury - but I guess that
wouldn't necessarily contradict the claim.
--
Paul Terry