Old November 1st 10, 07:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Tube Strike - Tue 3 (evening of) and Wed 4 Nov

Just spoke to someone who was quite unaware of the upcoming strike and
who'd been relying on making some midweek subterranean railway
journeys around the capital, so I just thought I'd post a quick
reminder of the strike as a kind of public service announcement.

More info on the TfL website's front page...
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/
....and also on this special page...
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/16570.aspx

Why not walk it instead:
http://walkit.com/cities/london/

Old November 1st 10, 09:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Nov 1, 9:51*pm, Basil Jet wrote:

On 2010\11\01 20:40, Mizter T wrote:

Just spoke to someone who was quite unaware of the upcoming strike and
who'd been relying on making some midweek subterranean railway
journeys around the capital, so I just thought I'd post a quick
reminder of the strike as a kind of public service announcement.

More info on the TfL website's front page...
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/
...and also on this special page...
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/16570.aspx

Why not walk it instead:
http://walkit.com/cities/london/

Dates corrected.

Argh, what a total idiot... thanks for the correction.

(Why does it always happen when one is trying to convey a simple
message?!)
Old November 1st 10, 09:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2010\11\01 22:36, Mizter T wrote:

On Nov 1, 9:51 pm, Basil wrote:

On 2010\11\01 20:40, Mizter T wrote:

Just spoke to someone who was quite unaware of the upcoming strike and
who'd been relying on making some midweek subterranean railway
journeys around the capital, so I just thought I'd post a quick
reminder of the strike as a kind of public service announcement.

More info on the TfL website's front page...
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/
...and also on this special page...
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/16570.aspx

Why not walk it instead:
http://walkit.com/cities/london/

Dates corrected.

Argh, what a total idiot... thanks for the correction.

(Why does it always happen when one is trying to convey a simple
message?!)

Sorry, should have thanked you for posting the message before correcting
you... and thanked you again after.
Old November 2nd 10, 07:40 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Nov 1, 9:51 pm, Basil wrote:

On 2010\11\01 20:40, Mizter T wrote:

Just spoke to someone who was quite unaware of the upcoming strike and
who'd been relying on making some midweek subterranean railway
journeys around the capital, so I just thought I'd post a quick
reminder of the strike as a kind of public service announcement.

More info on the TfL website's front page...
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/
...and also on this special page...
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/16570.aspx

Why not walk it instead:
http://walkit.com/cities/london/

Dates corrected.

Argh, what a total idiot... thanks for the correction.

(Why does it always happen when one is trying to convey a simple
message?!)

Sorry, should have thanked you for posting the message before correcting
you... and thanked you again after.

Er, I'm not quite sure how to read that - just to be absolutely clear, the
"total idiot" I referred to above was no-one else but myself!

Old November 2nd 10, 11:07 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Nov 1, 9:51 pm, Basil wrote:

[...]

It was absolutely clear that you meant yourself. I just read my two-word
message back and decided that correcting you without thanking you was
unacceptable.
Old November 2nd 10, 03:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

It was absolutely clear that you meant yourself. I just read my two-word
message back and decided that correcting you without thanking you was
unacceptable.

Oh, get a room you two! ;-)

Ian

Old November 2nd 10, 05:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article , Ian F.
writes
"Basil Jet" wrote in message
.. .

It was absolutely clear that you meant yourself. I just read my
two-word message back and decided that correcting you without thanking
you was unacceptable.

Oh, get a room you two! ;-)

There's been an outbreak of loveyness on a few newsgroups today. Must be
something in the air.

On the other hand, some newsgroups are as bile filled as ever...

--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...
Old November 2nd 10, 10:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Nov 1, 9:51 pm, Basil wrote:

On 2010\11\01 20:40, Mizter T wrote:

Just spoke to someone who was quite unaware of the upcoming strike and
who'd been relying on making some midweek subterranean railway
journeys around the capital, so I just thought I'd post a quick
reminder of the strike as a kind of public service announcement.

[snip]

Dates corrected.

Argh, what a total idiot... thanks for the correction.

(Why does it always happen when one is trying to convey a simple
message?!)

Sorry, should have thanked you for posting the message before
correcting you... and thanked you again after.

Er, I'm not quite sure how to read that - just to be absolutely clear,
the "total idiot" I referred to above was no-one else but myself!

It was absolutely clear that you meant yourself. I just read my two-word
message back and decided that correcting you without thanking you was
unacceptable.

Ok, no probs - the abundance of gratitude just caught me on guard, as
it were!