Old November 25th 10, 11:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Tube Strike - Sun 28 (evening of) and Mon 29 Nov (all day)

It's that time again folks:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/17529.aspx

I'm going to post this as a quasi public service announcement if for
no other reason than having ballsed up the dates of the strike the
last time round I wish to demonstrate that I'm not completely
calendrical-phobic (to coin a particularly dodgy phrase!).

I'm sure there's a business opportunity here for canoeists on the
river or some such - of course if it gets really cold then skate hire
might be the thing.

Old November 26th 10, 06:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Nov 26, 12:54*am, Mizter T wrote:
It's that time again folks:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/17529.aspx

I'm going to post this as a quasi public service announcement if for
no other reason than having ballsed up the dates of the strike the
last time round I wish to demonstrate that I'm not completely
calendrical-phobic (to coin a particularly dodgy phrase!).

I'm sure there's a business opportunity here for canoeists on the
river or some such - of course if it gets really cold then skate hire
might be the thing.

Sigh - another morning of getting on the N73 at 04:25 again, and with
it being full up by Stamford Hill.
Old November 26th 10, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In article ,
Mizter T wrote:
I'm going to post this as a quasi public service announcement if for
no other reason than having ballsed up the dates of the strike the
last time round I wish to demonstrate that I'm not completely
calendrical-phobic (to coin a particularly dodgy phrase!).

While we're at it, have any further strike dates been announced? -- I
couldn't immediately find any info on the web.

-roy
Old November 26th 10, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In article ,
Mizter T wrote:
It's that time again folks:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/17529.aspx

I'm going to post this as a quasi public service announcement if for
no other reason than having ballsed up the dates of the strike the
last time round I wish to demonstrate that I'm not completely
calendrical-phobic (to coin a particularly dodgy phrase!).

And lest anyone was hoping for a last-minute reprieve:

"Monday Tube strike on after last-ditch talks collapse"

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ks-collapse.do

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2vbmcyk

Old November 26th 10, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Roy Badami wrote:

In article ,
Mizter T wrote:
It's that time again folks:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/17529.aspx

I'm going to post this as a quasi public service announcement if for
no other reason than having ballsed up the dates of the strike the
last time round I wish to demonstrate that I'm not completely
calendrical-phobic (to coin a particularly dodgy phrase!).

And lest anyone was hoping for a last-minute reprieve:

"Monday Tube strike on after last-ditch talks collapse"

Perhaps if they stayed away from ditches, there would be less risk of
collapse.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9632800.html
(31 112 at Colchester, 25 Apr 1980)

Old November 26th 10, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:11:42 -0000
"Tim Fenton" wrote:
I'm sure there's a business opportunity here for canoeists on the
river or some such - of course if it gets really cold then skate hire
might be the thing.

Bozza has been on LBC this morning saying that "We're very close to a deal".
But the strike has been confirmed as happening.

They've obviously seen the weather forecast and decided to have a lie in on
monday.

Is this strike about the ticket offices or that new whinge they made up about
LU being mean and nasty to a couple of activist drivers?

B2003

Old November 26th 10, 11:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In article , wrote:
On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:11:42 -0000
Is this strike about the ticket offices [...]

I think so - it's the last date of the originally announced series of
(roughly) monthly strike. Hence my question as to whether any further
dates have been announced, since this dispute is clearly still
ongoing.

Or do they have to have another ballot before they can proceed with
further strikes?

-roy
Old November 26th 10, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Nov 26, 12:29*pm, Owain wrote:
On Nov 26, 7:45*am, Paul *wrote:

Sigh - another morning of getting on the N73 at 04:25 again, and with
it being full up by Stamford Hill.

At least you're not getting on at Stamford Hill.

Sleeping bag under the desk?

Owain

No, I just sleep when I get to work and leave at lunchtime.

The thing is, in all the previous three tube strikes I have managed to
get home OK...........by tube. Usually the Victoria Line is up and
running by lunchtime. I think that shift change time is about 2pm, so
that the service that is running by late morning usually continues
until just after 2pm. What happens after that depends on who turns up
for the afternoon/evening shift.

I wonder if there will be a strike on April 29 next year???
Old November 26th 10, 07:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Nov 26, 6:02*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 09:16:02 GMT, (Roy Badami) wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
I'm going to post this as a quasi public service announcement if for
no other reason than having ballsed up the dates of the strike the
last time round I wish to demonstrate that I'm not completely
calendrical-phobic (to coin a particularly dodgy phrase!).

While we're at it, have any further strike dates been announced? I
couldn't immediately find any info on the web.

There are no further dates - there is a "gap" until the New Year as the
unions decided not to go on strike. Whether out of "goodwill" or the
expectation that the workers wouldn't come out due to the expense of
Christmas looming is not for me to say.

Or else just a bit of breathing space during which they hope TPTB will
capitulate? (Or, more to the point, both sides will reach some sort of
solution.)

The only possible actions relate to localised issues on the Bakerloo and
Northern Lines where RMT are, I believe, going to ballot their members
over alleged victimisation of certain individuals. With no ballot result
there can't be any dates yet. That's from what I read in the Standard
the other day.

The other rumbling issue relates to Boxing Day payments and that
involves ASLEF. *Again no dates and things seem to have gone a little
quiet on that front in terms of newspaper coverage.

To which my first reaction was 'no dates' - well the 26th, Boxing Day,
is a pertinent date - but yes IKWYM, no dates have been announced
w.r.t. a ballot on this issue.

Incidentally concerning something which appears to have been oft-said
already, I don't think for a moment that the unions would call a Tube
strike on The Hallowed Day Of The Royal Wedding - I think my eyes and
ears are likely to go on selective strike that week though!
Old November 27th 10, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 26/11/2010 00:54, Mizter T wrote:
It's that time again folks:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/17529.aspx

I'm going to post this as a quasi public service announcement if for
no other reason than having ballsed up the dates of the strike the
last time round I wish to demonstrate that I'm not completely
calendrical-phobic (to coin a particularly dodgy phrase!).

I'm sure there's a business opportunity here for canoeists on the
river or some such - of course if it gets really cold then skate hire
might be the thing.

A friend has to travel from Plumstead to Euston on Monday morning; she
has an Apex ticket for the 1007 to Liverpool Lime Street, so does not
want to miss that train.

It seems that she can take a Southeastern train to London Bridge and try
her luck on the Northern Line, or alternatively take a Southeastern
train to Charing Cross and go for the 91 bus. Does anybody have any
suggestions, please, as to the best course, and how much time should she
allow for the connection from London Bridge or Charing Cross to Euston?

--
John Ray