Old January 15th 11, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
max max is offline

Default help for tube & airport

How long am I supposed to take going from victoria station to stansted
airport?

knowing that I've got to proceed on this way: victoria tube station--by
tube--liverpool street--by train or bus--stansted airport.

Then i didn't figure out how it works boarding to gate at the aeroport..
last time I get lost.. it was not simple for me..cuz i thought the boarding
card number corresponded to the gate number instead it wasn't like that.

to prevent that mistake again, Is there someone who can explain me how to do
before I find myself there? thanks in advance.

Old January 15th 11, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 15, 8:29*am, "max" wrote:
How long am I supposed to take going from victoria station to stansted
airport?

knowing that I've got to proceed on this way: victoria tube station--by
tube--liverpool street--by train or bus--stansted airport.

You don't need to go via Liverpool St: take the Victoria line from
Victoria to Tottenham Hale and change to the Stansted Express train
there. Very occaisionally due to engineering work the transfer is at
Seven Sisters instead, in which case there will be announcements on
the tube.

There's also, I believe, a direct bus from
Victoria to Stansted run by Terravision.
--
Roy
Old January 15th 11, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 13:29:34 on Sat,
15 Jan 2011, max remarked:

Then i didn't figure out how it works boarding to gate at the
aeroport..

If you aim to check in a minimum of an hour and a half before departure,
then the rest should be easy (if there isn't something exceptional
happening that day). Therefore plan to be at the airport station two
hours before your flight departs.
Old January 16th 11, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
max max is offline

last time it seemed to be in a jungle.. just not because of the animals..
but because at the airport is really an open

wide space.. and it'easy to lose the own compass.

not certainly because u consider me a dummy!

If you do not understand how to catch a plane at an airport I am
surprised you are travelling! If you get confused ask a member of
airport staff to help you.
--
Paul C

Old January 16th 11, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
max max is offline

Last time it seemed to be in a shambles.. I have to print the check in a
second time while when I left from italy it wasn't like that.
At the airport is really a broad space.. and it'easy to lose oneself

Old January 16th 11, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
max max is offline

Last time it seemed to be in a shambles.. I had to print the check in a
second time while when I was leaving from italy it wasn't like that.

Old January 17th 11, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
, Roy
Stilling writes

There's also, I believe, a direct bus from
Victoria to Stansted run by Terravision.

There is - I've taken it. Takes a bit longer as you're mixing with road
traffic, but it's cheaper - 14 UKP return.

http://www.terravision.eu/stansted_price_timetable.html

The return journey gives you great views of the Olympic site
development.

--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...
Old January 18th 11, 08:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
max max is offline

Thanks, now that I see it.. it's excellent!

"congokid" ha scritto nel messaggio
In article
, Roy
Stilling writes

Old January 21st 11, 09:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 15, 2:53*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
I can't believe anyone can make this mistake. Surely you know the flight
number, the airline and also the gate number once you have checked in at
the airport?

On a trip last year, I misheard the check-in agent, and went to gate
15, not 51. Cue one very long walk around EWR, and now my girlfriend
no longer lets me navigate around airports.