Old September 29th 04, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Arriva fare information ???

Why can't I find any specific fare information for Arriva buses?

I'm interested in the 500, 510 and Greenline 724 buses, but there's
absolutely no information anywhere on the net about these fares.

Does anybody know the fares for Romford to Harlow on the 500, Harlow
to Stansted on the 510, and Heathrow to Harlow on the 724?

Thanks for the help,
Victor

Old September 30th 04, 01:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Why can't I find any specific fare information for Arriva buses?

Not sure.

I Google searched "Arriva", which produced a link for www.arriva.co.uk,
selected "United Kingdom" from the bus drop-down menu, then in the new
window, selected "Greater London", went to Fares and Timetables, which in
turn referred me to http://www.tfl-buses.co.uk, where I selected "Fares and
tickets" on the left hand menu. I then downloaded the "Fares and tickets
2004" leaflet in PDF format, which listed all the tube, DLR, tram,
travelcard and bus fares...

I'm not a Londoner, so can't be more specific than that, but that PDF file
does seem to list bus fares at £1 for a single fare on "most routes in
London".

HTH,
Dave
--
(remove spamblock or reply to group)

---

Old September 30th 04, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
says...
[...]

Services concerned are not in Greater London, they're operated by Arriva
Shires & Essex, can't find single fares though, only day explorers etc.
Old September 30th 04, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Why can't I find any specific fare information for Arriva buses?

Because they don't post it on the web

I'm interested in the 500, 510 and Greenline 724 buses, but there's
absolutely no information anywhere on the net about these fares.

Timetables available, but no fares

Does anybody know the fares for Romford to Harlow on the 500, Harlow
to Stansted on the 510, and Heathrow to Harlow on the 724?

You'll have to phone them on their loverly premium rate number for
Customer Queries

0870 608 7261 for the 724 or email

08701 20 10 88 for the other services

The only fare info on the Arriva Website is at

http://www.arriva.co.uk/REAL/web/Arr...256b0a00571af0

For Harlow it gives details of the season/day tickets below - If there
are 2 of you the Explorer ticket works out at £3.50 each return (or
£1.75 single each way) and covers an enormous area - it's valid on the
724 as well, and almost all operators in Herts accept it.

HARLOW

Harlow Zone - Allows unlimited travel within the Harlow Zone.
Boundaries are as follows: Fifth Avenue, Harlow Mill, Old Harlow -
Sheering Road, Churchgate Street - Slugs Hook, Potter Street - London
Road, Parsloe Road - Sumners Farm, Water Lane - Bradley Road Brookside
and Roydon Road - Speedway.

Adult
Day £2.50
Weekly £8.40
Monthly £33
Child/Concession
Day £1.30
Weekly £4.20
Monthly £16.70

All Zones - freedom of the Arriva the Shires & Essex services in
Bucks, Beds and Herts (not Green Line services to/from London from
Luton and Hemel Hempstead).

Adult
Day £7 (Explorer) or £6.50 (Arriva Go Anywhere)
Weekly £19
Monthly £52.50
Child/Concession
Day £3.50 (Explorer)
Weekly £10.50
Monthly £31.80
Old September 30th 04, 02:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thanks guys. You found about as much as I did - no specific
information about single fares. However, I called Arriva and Green
line and here is what I found out about bus fa

Greenline coach #724 (Heathrow to Harlow) : £5.30/£6 single/day return
Arriva #510 (Harlow to Stansted Airport) : £3.60/£5.40 single/day
return

I've yet to find out about the #500 bus, but I'm sure it's going to be
around £5 for a single.

Thanks for the help and I hope this information is useful to somebody

Victor

Jim Brittin [wake up for reply] wrote in message om...
In article ,
says...

Old September 30th 04, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jim Brittin" [wake up for reply] wrote in
message m...
In article ,
says...
Why can't I find any specific fare information for Arriva buses?

Not sure.

I Google searched "Arriva", which produced a link for
www.arriva.co.uk,
selected "United Kingdom" from the bus drop-down menu, then in the new
window, selected "Greater London", went to Fares and Timetables, which

in
turn referred me to http://www.tfl-buses.co.uk, where I selected "Fares

and
tickets" on the left hand menu. I then downloaded the "Fares and tickets
2004" leaflet in PDF format, which listed all the tube, DLR, tram,
travelcard and bus fares...

Services concerned are not in Greater London, they're operated by Arriva
Shires & Essex, can't find single fares though, only day explorers etc.

Actually they are partly in Greater London: from Romford to, roughly,
Havering-Atte-Bower are in bus zone 4 (6). Not sure if that stretch is
covered by TfL fares or not though.

Jonn

Old October 2nd 04, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Do not under any circumstances trust Arriva, they've just murded the
child rate tickets in Aylesbury by cutting the reduction from 50% to 25%
with about 2 weeks notice, they are the worst bus company on the planet
and I wouldn't relieve myself on there management if they were being
consumed by fire.

GVC

I Feel better now

Old October 2nd 04, 05:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

hey've just murded the
child rate tickets in Aylesbury by cutting the reduction from 50% to 25%

The child rate in aylesbury is actually 60% of standard adult rate, not 75% as
you have quoted.

James
Old October 7th 04, 09:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

(Victor) wrote in message . com...
Thanks guys. You found about as much as I did - no specific
information about single fares. However, I called Arriva and Green
line and here is what I found out about bus fa

Greenline coach #724 (Heathrow to Harlow) : £5.30/£6 single/day return

Strangely, National Express (
http://www.nationalexpress.com/neh.cfm)
will offer to sell you a single from Heathrow to Harlow on the 724 for
only
GBP 5.00.

Mind you, IIRC they also charge a straight fiver for Heathrow to
Watford, which only costs 4 quid cash...

Hth

Henry