Old October 29th 04, 02:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 83 TS photos

Wotcha boys 'n girls,

I had to take a few pictures of the two 83ts at Cockfosters while I was at
work today, so if any of you with a broadband connection would like copies,
drop me an e-mail and I'll e-mail them back. Just bare in mind that the 8
photos are between 3.5 & 5.3MB in size each. Oh, and be sure to mind the
spam trap.
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

Old October 30th 04, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Steve
Dulieu writes

I had to take a few pictures of the two 83ts at Cockfosters while I was at
work today, so if any of you with a broadband connection would like copies,
drop me an e-mail and I'll e-mail them back. Just bare in mind that the 8
photos are between 3.5 & 5.3MB in size each. Oh, and be sure to mind the
spam trap.

You allowed that far west?

Does this mean that we'll get our sidings back soon?
Old October 30th 04, 08:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
In message , Steve
Dulieu writes

I had to take a few pictures of the two 83ts at Cockfosters while I was

at
work today, so if any of you with a broadband connection would like

copies,
drop me an e-mail and I'll e-mail them back. Just bare in mind that the 8
photos are between 3.5 & 5.3MB in size each. Oh, and be sure to mind the
spam trap.

You allowed that far west?

Does this mean that we'll get our sidings back soon?

Errrr, I think you'll find CK is *east* of where I usually lurk Steve...and
re the sidings, If "Wally" (PJ's new nickname, think Dilbert :-)) has his
way, yep - well at least they'll be empty. Mind you, after having a look at
them the other day I want to be *very* firmly ensconced in the pub the first
time we try to stick a train in them under it's own steam...

Old October 30th 04, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Steve
Dulieu writes

You allowed that far west?

Does this mean that we'll get our sidings back soon?

Errrr, I think you'll find CK is *east* of where I usually lurk Steve...and
re the sidings, If "Wally" (PJ's new nickname, think Dilbert :-)) has his
way, yep - well at least they'll be empty. Mind you, after having a look at
them the other day I want to be *very* firmly ensconced in the pub the first
time we try to stick a train in them under it's own steam...

Oddly, I misread that and just assumed South Harrow for some strange
reason.

Homer Mmmm, steam trains /Homer
Old October 30th 04, 09:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
In message , Steve
Dulieu writes

You allowed that far west?

Does this mean that we'll get our sidings back soon?

Errrr, I think you'll find CK is *east* of where I usually lurk

Steve...and
re the sidings, If "Wally" (PJ's new nickname, think Dilbert :-)) has his
way, yep - well at least they'll be empty. Mind you, after having a look

at
them the other day I want to be *very* firmly ensconced in the pub the

first
time we try to stick a train in them under it's own steam...

Oddly, I misread that and just assumed South Harrow for some strange
reason.

Homer Mmmm, steam trains /Homer

:-)

DRW Wibble, wibble, stoke it up and straight through Southgate tunnel
driver, wibble, plop, bip.../DRW Now I *really, really* want to be in the
pub for that one...;-)

Old October 31st 04, 11:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:33:31 +0100, Steve Fitzgerald
] wrote:

In message , Steve
Dulieu writes

I had to take a few pictures of the two 83ts at Cockfosters while I was at
work today, so if any of you with a broadband connection would like copies,
drop me an e-mail and I'll e-mail them back. Just bare in mind that the 8
photos are between 3.5 & 5.3MB in size each. Oh, and be sure to mind the
spam trap.

You allowed that far west?

Does this mean that we'll get our sidings back soon?

What will happen to the 83 stock? Will someone try and save a car or
two as a reminder(!) or will it go for scrap?

Old October 31st 04, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"RayB" wrote in message
What will happen to the 83 stock? Will someone try and save a car
or two as a reminder(!) or will it go for scrap?

I think LU would rather like the trains to disappear into thin air; they
were never popular - the whole saga is a bit of a disaster from beginning to
end, and I doubt many people want to be reminded of it.

One car is preserved at the LT Museum - 3734, which I believe was the final
car to be delivered back in the 1980s. There are a couple of other cars with
medium-term futures - one at Acton Works used for ERU training, and one at
the Design Research Establishment at Garston (near Watford), used for
climatic testing. Unless anyone knows anything different, all the remaining
cars are destined for scrapping.

Old November 1st 04, 06:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"David Splett" wrote in message ...
"RayB" wrote in message
What will happen to the 83 stock? Will someone try and save a car
or two as a reminder(!) or will it go for scrap?

I think LU would rather like the trains to disappear into thin air; they
were never popular - the whole saga is a bit of a disaster from beginning to
end, and I doubt many people want to be reminded of it.

One car is preserved at the LT Museum - 3734, which I believe was the final
car to be delivered back in the 1980s. There are a couple of other cars with
medium-term futures - one at Acton Works used for ERU training, and one at
the Design Research Establishment at Garston (near Watford), used for
climatic testing. Unless anyone knows anything different, all the remaining
cars are destined for scrapping.

The ones in South Harrow sidings have been scrapped to all intents and
purposes by the locals. Some were removed in 2002/3 but some remain
but in very poor condition, I would surprised if they would even move
they must surely be stuck to the rails!!

Uxbridge units when seen in 2002 were in good condition, possible
candidates for anyone wanting to preserve.

As for those at Neasden (if any remain) I dont know about their
condition but I gather the ones at Cockfosters although not having
been 'cut in' for some time appear to be ok.

I dont know if there are any other examples left apart from Acton and
Watford mentioned above.

Intrigued by the one at Garston though!! And whats ERU training?
Old November 3rd 04, 03:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
m...
snippitty
And whats ERU training?

ERU = Emergency Response Unit.
Basically the blokes who fix the railway after it's gone seriously wrong
(one unders, derailments etc)

BTW, Anthony, as requested I've tried to send the photos to your
"dangermouse" account at AOL - they bounced. I've tried your "CIG_BIG_CIG"
account - that bounced. If you want the photos I'll need a valid e-mail
account...