Old March 16th 05, 10:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Default Pay & Display Machines

In article , Neil Williams
wrote:
Quite. AFAIAC, all parking machines in car parks that aren't
physically locked at night should allow rolling over to the next
day, if only because it means that people who have decided to
have a drink can happily leave their car until the next day.

The Wheelhouse car park in Hounslow has recently changed to
charging £1 for 2 hours 0600-1800 and £1 for any length of time
from 1800-0600. I am not going to get up to investigate but wonder
what the expiry time is if you put £1 in at 0500 or 0555:
obviously at 0605 you get until 0805.

Honest dealing would mean that if you put in £2.00 at 1700 you
would get a ticket expiring at 0700 the next day, but I am not all
sure that the machines are this clever.

--
Tony Bryer

Old March 16th 05, 11:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Tony Bryer wrote:
In article , Neil Williams
wrote:

Quite. AFAIAC, all parking machines in car parks that aren't
physically locked at night should allow rolling over to the next
day, if only because it means that people who have decided to
have a drink can happily leave their car until the next day.

The Wheelhouse car park in Hounslow has recently changed to
charging £1 for 2 hours 0600-1800 and £1 for any length of time
from 1800-0600. I am not going to get up to investigate but wonder
what the expiry time is if you put £1 in at 0500 or 0555:
obviously at 0605 you get until 0805.

Honest dealing would mean that if you put in £2.00 at 1700 you
would get a ticket expiring at 0700 the next day, but I am not all
sure that the machines are this clever.

Sometimes the machines aren't clever but the companies are nice
(*shocking!*). At Luton town station's car parks, it's £1 per day for
either Saturday or Sunday, but you can't put in £2 on Saturday and get a
ticket that covers Sunday for overnight parking. However, I once emailed
the company that runs the car park (Meteor) to ask about this, and they
said it's OK to just buy and display two Saturday tickets.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7